Windows media buffer problem, solution ?

Guest Vector

Guest Vector

I have noticed there has been alot of buffering in windows media while streaming radio etc. I have had a look in the registry and found a buffer setting. The value is currently on 3. Anyone want to try changing it ? it is in:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -->Software--> Microsoft -->windows media player 8-->streaming -->streaming buffer. Please tell me if it does anything. :wink:

PS: Sorry if i have cross posted but i felt this deserved a new thread for itself :wink:

Guest fraser

It might work, but other people have suggested that the problem is linked to the other GPRS problems. Increasing the buffer to 8 secs or something should make it skip less, but you will be waiting ages for it to buffer up at the start and any time that it skips.

The other threads indicate that the bandwidth for GPRS is a lot less than it used to be. Need to get that fixed first.

The cheeky bustards reduced it on purpose (just a guess) and I bet it will be fixed in second update that's gonna come out as I heard in April... What about the quality settings for foreground/background play (same location in registry)??