The IA Album we have is only the Beta version

Guest awarner

Guest awarner [MVP]

Here folows an email that I received things will get better!! :D

Hello, thanks for the interest and sorry about the confusion. You should not need to purchase our software if you own an Orange phone.

My understanding is the final version of IA Album for Smartphone has not yet been released to Orange. The way our system works is our company, IA Style, releases our software to the manufacturers of the Smartphone, a company called HTC. HTC then issues the final release to Orange.

We have given the final software code to HTC, but I was under the impression they were still making adjustments and only released an earlier beta version to Orange. It sounds like you have this beta version.

In the future, anyone that purchases an Orange Smartphone will have the full and non-trial version of IA Album for Smartphone on their system. We do not know how Orange will arrange for the full version of IA Album to be given to customers that have already purchased a phone.

I am afraid this is basically a long-winded way of saying your best bet is to ask Orange at:

http://www.orange.com/english/default.asp?bhcp=1

• 2 weeks later...

Just got a reply from a guy at IAStyle regarding ver 1.5 of IA Album for the

Smartphone.

He said that the software would be completed in about 2-3 weeks, but not to hold him on that. After this, it has to go to Orange for certification

before being sold on their website for US $19.95.

Looks like it could be the killer app we've been waiting for. I'd imagine if

it can capture video (with audio) then the refresh rate for the screen for

both video and still pictures will be significantly improved upon over the

MS provided MMS-botch.

And since playback of avi files is supported, we can only hope that the

player provides the functionality to be able skip through a file instead of

having to watch it from start to finish in one go.

Personally, I hope that the vid captures can be written directly to the

memory card. I'd expect you could record a fair amount on a 512MB

card.......

Here's some more info:

http://www.iastyle.com/smartphone/index.asp

Guest awarner [MVP]
In the future, anyone that purchases an Orange Smartphone will have the full and non-trial version of IA Album for Smartphone on their system. We do not know how Orange will arrange for the full version of IA Album to be given to customers that have already purchased a phone.  

So are they now changing what they told me a few weeks ago and are now going to charge?

if so us "beta" testers have been shafted again :evil: