LED on phone is always green

Guest Ollie

What's up with my SPV??? Apparently there is a colour code for the LED in the top left of the phone.. red when the battery is flat, green when fully charged, amber when charging...this isn't happening on my phone? Is this a UK thing? Mine is always flashing green or is on permanently when hooked up to a power source...

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Solid Green: in a call

Flashing Green: idle

Amber: Charging (eg in docking station with power plugged in)

Flashing Red: Dead Battery

i'm sure thats in the manual...

just got my SPV, same problem. constant green light when charging empty battery via cradle and through adapter. not seen amber light, hoping that a few charges and discharges will solve prob.

Solid Green: in a call

Flashing Green: idle

Amber: Charging (eg in docking station with power plugged in)

Flashing Red: Dead Battery

i'm sure thats in the manual...

Yes...i know this...my point is I've never seen a red light or amber light on the phone ever!! In fact it just blinks green when not connected to the charger and remains a constant green when connected to the power source... perhaps it's something to do with a certain batch

Guest Rolandrat

I think you'll find that green is the dominant colour, mine does stay solid when charging but its green with a slightly orange tinge rather than orange.

Anway adopt this policy:

Flashing led thing - on and working.

Steady led thing - charging, phone switched on or off.

Not switching on - dead battery or dead phone :wink:

How is the LED important, and even better, why is it interesting which color it is????

I wouldn't exactly create a topic on this.... Maybe that's just me....

Thanks people for clarifying this...the LED status info I got was through a link via smartfone.co.uk and is incorrect.

To the happy chap in Denmark:

Last week someone hit my car.. but it still gets me to work and functions perfectly. I will still chase up the insurance claim because it's got a huge dent in the back. I purchased a phone that should do something that it's not. This forum is a PERFECT place to find out if the symptoms are normal or not. This is the whole point of the forum.

If a "question" in a "forum" hacks you off so much may I suggest you

a) Don't waste my time offering a patronising response that is of no use to me.

:D Waste your own time posting to a topic you quite obviously cannot contribute to.

Guest Vixxen

Hi Ollie....

Agree totally.......this forum IS important for all questions. My SPV does exactly the same. My worry is that it is not charging correctly. I've never seen an amber light....as a result, I find that by lare afternoon, my phone is down to two bars. So I'm unsure if its EVER fully charged.

Any help anyone? 8)

Vixxen... try this tonight...charge the phone with the power off... my LED did look slightly amber.. I heard on this forum that if you charge the phone when it's off you'll get quite a bit more life out of your battery. There's a thread somewhere discussing this and people appear to be coming back with positive results.

Guest Monolithix [MVP]
Mine shows solid green in the charger when fully charged.
just noticed that myself :D i think thats also the reason for the random lighting up of the screen, it turns the backlight on when it switches back to battery power from the mains

Vixxen... try this tonight...charge the phone with the power off... my LED did look slightly amber.. I heard on this forum that if you charge the phone when it's off you'll get quite a bit more life out of your battery. There's a thread somewhere discussing this and people appear to be coming back with positive results.

i tired that last nite and had no noticeable improvement :/ people that have done this regulary though have seems to get better battery life though, and is one of the issues orange is addressing in its "update", whenever that happens...

Mine goes red when the battery is dead, green constant when on charge and flashes green normally. I have never seen it go amber though!

Has anyone noticed that the LED only flashes green when there is radio coverage? If you lose the signal, there is no light at all! Quite handy really, given that the sig. strength meter is not very accurate.

Neil.

I used to have a flashing green LED on my old Samsung (back in the day!), but this is a function that most Nokias seem to be missing for some reason.

Nice knowing its there though :(

i think thats also the reason for the random lighting up of the screen, it turns the backlight on when it switches back to battery power from the mains

I get this too Monolithix...dunno about you, but its bloódy bright, and tends to make the whole room glow blue. Pretty cool when it happens the first time, but soon gets annoying!

Still, if you need to use the bathroom at 3am, it does provide a handy alternative to switching all the lights on! :D

B

Guest spacemonkey

My light not very "Orange" when it's Orange, I'd probably call it "off green".

I really only posted this because I'm frightened of Monolithix's post stats and needed to give mine a boost :D

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

hohoho, i will catch up :D, although its getting difficult replying to posts without it just bin watered down spam, you usually beat me to them spacemonkey :(