Calling card

Guest The_Brickster

Guest The_Brickster

I used to use the calling card function on my t68 quite a lot, and now quite annoied that this phone doesn't even send phonebook entries (and even if it did, the calling card wouldn't like the +44s).

I haven't done any programming for the smartphone and was wondering in theory if it would be a possible for a programme to be written where it will dial a calling card number, pause, dial a number from my contacts list and then add a few more digits at the end?

Guest HelloDave

Not sure if this is what you want, but you can put pauses in a number on the SPV. Enter the number in New Contact, and click on Menu...insert/wait pause. Then you can call numbers that require you to "press this for this option" directly, like 150p2p3 or whatever. You could just use a blank contact field for the calling card number, so for exaple if Bob Mobile was 123 and your calling card number was 321 then set up Bob Home 2 to 321p123 and when you want to call Bob via the calling card call "h2" instead of "m". This system shouldn't be too hard to manage with Outlook, possibly with the help of a macro.

Guest The_Brickster

Cheers, I realised I could have the calling card number in the h2 columns, but an annoying thing is that orange find out about these calling card access numbers and block them, so you need to reprogram the phone with the new number.

That's why a macro would be a good idea, however unfortunately Outlook doesn't let you 'Record New Macro' like Excel does, so I can't work out how to make a program to do this. Any one have any ideas on how to make a VBA script which will go through my contacts and put a modified number in each of the h2 colums etc?