how do you get mp3's onto the phone

Guest Vector

i try to transfer an mp3 from my pc to the phone but it says there is not enough space on the storage card but i haven't put anything else on there help please!!!!!

I backed up all the data that came on the card to my PC and then created a "My sounds" directory under "My Documents". Still doens't give you much room though depending on the bitrate the MP3 was recorded at.

Ordered a 128MB SD Card for £50 pounds, can squeeze at least 3 albums on it then.

Depends how big your MP3 is. The card that came with the phone is only 8Mb and alot of that is used for the programs (not sure how much).

A 96Kbps MP3 song is anything up to 4Mb or more, so you might not have space for it. Either record MP3s at a lower setting, delete stuff of your card, or buy a bigger card.

It also could be locked so effectively there is no space. I didn't try to copy onto the supplied card and don't have it with me so am not sure.

Barry

Guest deiwise

I read today (on the Orange Mailing list I think) that the best way to store MP3s is to convert them to WMAs. This reduces the file size but retains (good enough) quality.

Will