Has Onestopphoneshop.co.uk got best offer?

Guest Aonz

Guest coolcatshaft

it must be a mistake, all phones are free on all tariffs!

anyway, i've ordered and SPV e200 and a SonyEricsson P900.

and got a confirmation email. we'll see what happens!

i'll keep you guys posted!

Guest lukeyboy

coolcatshaft - 2 hopes! Bob Hope and no hope. If they've taken your card details then there is half a chance. But with no payment details given they will just refuse to exchange contracts with you. Still looking forward to the phonecall from them though where they have to inform me that all the phones I have ordered wont be sold to me :lol:

Guest spacecowboy6982

Just checked my answerphone as it occasionally doesnt display any new voicemail messages I may have. Some woman on the other end telling me Im free to upgrade to an E-200 !!! :mad: Now that Ive started a new contract via onestop, Im well p****d off !

Sods Law :roll:

spacecowboy

Guest dbcohen
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this a better offer?: http://www.eurofonehouse.co.uk

Maybe it's a mistake but you can get an e200 on any Yourplan tarrif for free! Sorry if this has been posted before...

I was going to go for this, but I've checked the website this morning and the E200 has disappeared. All of the free phones are gone, actually.

Looks like it was a web site bug - if anyone has managed to get an E200 from them, than please let us know.

Guest mcwarre
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this a better offer?:http://www.eurofonehouse.co.uk

I ordered one and phoned them; the website is invalid! It is actually www.fones4free.com. They will not honour orders made as no payment was taken therefore there is no legal contract. They will sell u a E200 with a talkplan tho'. :lol: ;) :(

www.fones4free.com is, as far as i can tell an antiquities and ancient art gallery. I am confused

EDIT: I think it's just your link that doesn't work, but I can't see that eurofonehouse and fones4free have any connection with each other?

i also reckon there is a legal contract as although you have not paid you will have given consideration in promising to pay a monthly fee on your talk plan.

The email they send also appears to accept your offer unlike every other email confirmation i have ever received which expressly states that there is no acceptance until the goods are delivered. In legal terms, offer followed by acceptance with consideration and an intention to create legal relations = binding contract. Hooray :wink:

On my order it says "23NOV03 ,Awaiting Checking,Awaiting credit checking"

Are these at the end of the process or the beginning ?

basically should i expect to get my E200 tomorrow ? :lol:

Guest martinwcooper
They will not honour orders made as no payment was taken therefore there is no legal contract

It's an interesting one. The website constitutes an "invitation to treat", the order placed by the customer is certainly an "offer" but the question is whether the automated reply constitutes an acceptance.

Amazon has got out of this in the past by having a term in its conditions of use which stipulates that there is no contract until the firm sends an email confirming despatch. These guys have no such condition as far as I can see.

In a similar situation where Kodak sent out an automated response "accepting" the order they eventually conceded that there was a contract and agreed to fulfil all orders.

My (admittedly limited) understanding of the law suggests that there is a binding contract as I believe the email would constitute acceptance given that there is nothing in the terms and conditions to the contrary.

Anyone better informed than me care to disagree?

Guest mcwarre

I think the amazon one revolved around the fact that no monies were debited to your card / account. As such it was not a contract as they had not accepted money from you (and strictly speaking form a contract). They did honour it though largely for PR reasons! They did change their T's & C's after this incident. When you placed an order after this incident the email you received stated that your order is being processed, which clearly isn't an acceptance of the order.

I received from [email protected]

To XXXX XXXX,

Thankyou very much for your order on our website, we will contact you shortly for payment and delivery instructions.

Order Number : XXXX      Order Date : 24/11/2003

Your order details are below :

Item : SPV E200

Tariff : YOURPLAN - Total Monthly Fee - £15.00

30 inclusive minutes Any Network

Quantity : 1

Handset Price : £0.00

Total : £0

Total to pay is £0 by Visa.

Best Regards,

Eurofone House

223 Portobello Road

LONDON

W4

Tel : 0207 313 7592

Fax : N/A

Connection to a Pay-monthly Service Plan is subject to status and minimum term of 12-month contract. For a complete copy of our Terms & Conditions please visit our website.

http://www.eurofonehouse.com

I would like to think that I could hold them to this but realistically (and legally) I have no chance.

Ah well worth a try!

Mick

Guest martinwcooper
I think the amazon one revolved around the fact that no monies were debited to your card / account.

But I think that might have been because of the relevant term in their T&Cs (though I don't really know the details of the Amazon situation). It is quite possible to have a contract before any money has changed hands - e.g. when you sign your mobile phone 12 month contract you are bound before your first monthly payment.

Guest mcwarre

Martin,

Don't get me wrong I totally agree with you. Just got of the phone from them (very polite and friendly btw). They came up with:

'It is not an active website' - ermm yes it is

'No order has been accepted' - ermm yes it has you have sent confirmation

'No monies have exchanged hands' - well obviously not as it is free (and the confirmation states £0 to pay!!)

'Goto www.fones4free.com this will give you the best price' - ermm but not on your plan 30

'We will not honour it' - ermm isn't that admitting that there is a contract?

I said that this is not acceptable and they have a legal obligation to honour the contract. They said 'If you want to take action then it is upto you'.

Don't get me wrong, it may be a mistake but it is a contractural one (notice no E&OE (Errors and Omissions Excepted))! I have spoken to a friend who is a lawyer and it iis his belief that I would win easily if I took it to the small claims court. The question is can I be bothered? Probably not!

Guest martinwcooper
Don't get me wrong, it may be a mistake but it is a contractural one (notice no E&OE (Errors and Omissions Excepted))! I have spoken to a friend who is a lawyer and it iis his belief that I would win easily if I took it to the small claims court. The question is can I be bothered? Probably not!

You've hit the nail on the head there - it's just not going to be worth the hassle to take them to court over, even though I suspect (though am not 100% certain) that we are legally in the right.

I say legally, because morally I think it might be a little bit harsh to sue them given that it seems to be a genuine mistake on their part.

Still, wouldn't say no to a free E200/P900 on Your Plan 30!!! :lol:

Guest maxh2003
On my order it says "23NOV03 ,Awaiting Checking,Awaiting credit checking" 

Are these at the end of the process or the beginning ? 

basically should i expect to get my E200 tomorrow ?

I think these are at the beginning of the process. First mine said "Held - contact sales" because I'd given them the wrong address for my credit card :oops:

Then it went to "Awaiting Checking, Awaiting credit checking" for fully 24 hours - I phoned them a few hours in and they essentially said (without taking my customer details) that Orange can take up to 24 hours to perform the credit check and I should call back the following day (today). At about 1pm today, maybe 26 hours after originally placing the order, it was updated to "Awaiting connection to Mobile Network" - and that's as far as my order's got so far. Anyone know how long it takes between "Awaiting connection" and dispatch? :lol:

I *was* pleasantly surprised when I found out that they answer their Support number as quickly as their Sales number...

well i rung em last night and they said that they were still waiting for Orange to do a credit check, about an hour later it changed to "awaiting connection to network" or something like that and now when i get home from school it says "Order Complete" and has a royal mail consignment number ;) (altho there isn't anything there yet) :lol:

Guest Monkhouse

Sorry if this has already been mentioned (thread too long for me to bother reading in full) but I just got a great deal at phoneshopdirect.com -

E200 FREE on 200 min tariffs and above, and only £30 for 100 min tarrifs.

Next day delivery all good too. Recommended!!!!

I received from [email protected]

I would like to think that I could hold them to this but realistically (and legally) I have no chance.

Ah well worth a try!

Mick

I was in the same situation as you. I got my confirmation email at 8:42 on the morning of the 22nd Nov (Saturday). I called them on the 25th (Tuesday) as I had heard nothing further and got the same excuses as the ones you listed. :evil: They even mentioned another website, though not by name, as a cause of all the problems! :shock: (I assume they mean this one. :lol: )

In the end I went to their 'new' website and ordered the E200 on the 200 minute tariff, in order to get it for free. :roll:

Oh well, I can't be bothered with all the hastle of solicitors and courts (been there, done that, won't do it again if I can help it). :cry:

I am a little concerned about how long it will take for me to get the phone though. They haven't replied to my emails and their site says the E200 is 'Pre-Order' not 'Buy Now' ;)