Windows Media Player Skins

Guest Shaks

Hi All

Anybody managed to work out a way of getting windows media player skins to stay after a reboot?

At the moment I have the skin files stored on my memory card then and copy each file over into windows individually using all explorer. This is rather cumbersome at times.

Can we not put the files in a folder in IPSMApplication data or somewhere where they won't get wiped on a reboot and windows media player will still know where to find them? The home screens currently work this way so windows media player hopefully should too.

Thanks guys

Shals

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

This was discussed in a thread earlier. Can't seem to find it though, try a search see what you can come up with. Sorry i cant be of any more help, solutions out there, just dont know where exactly ;)

Guest MrSpoons

just knicked this (thanks to Dave on the ms smartphone newsgroup)

1.) Unlock your phone so that you can run un-certified applications. The method where you edit the XML files

2.) Copy the Media Player skin (Attached) to a directory either under

"IPSM" or on your SD card. (For this example we will use "Storage CardMy DocumentsmediaSkin")

3.) Install "PHM Registry Editor". (This can be found at

http://www.phm.lu/Products/Smartphone/RegEdit/)

4.) Run PHM Registry Editor and goto " HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE / Software /Microsoft / Windows Media Player 8 / Parameters " and change the "SkinDir" value so that it reflects where you placed the skin files. ("Storage CardMy DocumentsmediaSkin" in our case)

Guest spacemonkey

Yep, that's the point, your putting the skin in a stable location (not like /windows which gets reset every reboot) and changing the registry makes it work from this other location