DivX for xda2 and encoding?

Guest Twain

Guest Twain

Hi i'm looking into getting an xda 2 very soon but one of the main reasons i want it is for watching films which i currently do loads on my e100, but due to the small screen doesn't have quite the same effect. Is there an equivalent to pocketmvp available for the xda2 and also are there and premade settings for virtualdub for encoding like clint eastmans for the spv?

TIA :)

p.s. forgot 2 mention apart from the subject that want a divx player not just any format as i already have lots of films in this format and saves conversion.

Guest markdotpeters5

pocket divx is what you want mate. I've also found an incredibly simple app for encoding them, which produces great results. If you still need it, pm me.

cheers

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Twain

yeah just get that one!

if ur looking to encode yourself then best progs to use are gordian knot and virtual dub IMO, also the pocketmvp for ppc is compatible with the most recent version of divx and xvid so no need to find older versions.

You can get some purpose made progs 2 convert from dvd to ppc format the most popular ive seen being dvd2ppc but i've not tried it, there are some freeware ones around but you don't seem to get the quality you can if you use the above programs set up well!