Sorry, but how do you turn it off!!!!!!

OK, got an XDA II, and it seems very nice, but how do you turn it off?

The manual is very lacking in this dept, so I've tried press the on/off key, press and hold the on/off key, press, then press and hold, oh, please, someone help me!!!!

Surely it can't be that hard to turn the bloomin thing off!

Guest Twain

You cant turn it off!!! only way is 2 switch the little red switch which holds the battery in, BUT by doing this i think u effectively tell the phone there is no battery so it resorts 2 the back up when that goes it will hard reset on power up, so i suggest u dont do that!!! simply leave it on if u dont wanna b disturbed i.e. at night just tap the volume icon and hit off turns all vibrations notifications and sounds off. about the best i can offer! hope that helps.

Ah, thanks. Makes sense now you say it.

I had thought I was going mad!

Spose I was just thinking back to the SPV which did turn on/off.

Thanks.

Guest Rusty

Hmmm, had my XDAII about a week now and as far as i can tell, from reading the manual and viewing forums, there are 2 things you can do. As far as turning the PDA off goes, then a simple short press of the power button accomplishes this, with a short press to turn it back on again (alarms, alerts phone calls and notifications etc will make the PDA wake up :)). Whilst the PDA is turned off you will notice that the signal light for the mobile phone is still blinking, aswell as the light fro BT if you have it turned on. To turn the phone off you need to put it into flight mode, this will turn both the GSM and BT radios off, then when you turn off the PDA nothing will appear active.

Other than as the previous post suggests, which you should only do when changing SIM/battery this is the only way to turn the device off afaik :(

• 2 weeks later...
Guest peekie

maybe some wizz can make a small app to switch off the phone and gprs as it is a pain to keep on doing it manually :wink: :wink: :wink:

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest sugardad
I doubt you'll have anyone able to do it in less than a couple of key presses as described above...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I believe that Its not THAT big issue

If you take as an example the autoflight for Qtek/spv and generally for smartphones

this little proggy turns the flight mode on at a specific given time

Now I believe that If we contact the author then he could port this proggy to our platform

which is alike with the smartphone 2003se

and this proggy would commit flight mode on and a suspend command

presto! ;)

Edited by sugardad

Guest fraser

Take a look in the Software sub-forum for PPC Profiles, it's a tool where you can set up several different profiles to switch between on the home screen, single button press if you want. Flight mode is one of the settings for each profile, as is volume etc. Quite useful and free to boot!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest dinoalbert

simply turn on Flight Mode then press the power button

BUT you might want to try mPhoneSchedule

Automatically schedule the Phone on your Pocket PC to turn on and off with this .NET application.

mPhoneSchedule allows you to set a day-by-day schedule to turn your Pocket PC phone on and off at predetermined times. Benefits include:

Save the battery on your Pocket PC by turning off your phone at night.

Save money by preventing your other Pocket PC programs using GPRS at unwanted times (for example: POP3 email)

Stop unwanted calls in the middle of the night.

Phone-On and Phone-Off at predetermined times each day (Monday, Tuesday Wednesday etc).

Phone PIN unlock option

Works behind the Pocket PC logon without having to unlock your Pocket PC.

One setting for all days allows for single-click configuration for an entire week.

All you need on your Pocket PC (Phone Edition) device is Microsoft .NET Compact Framework

;)