Orange M1000 & Applications Landscape Viewing

Guest mrplatypus

Guest mrplatypus

Does anyone know if its possible to use Internet Explorer on the m1000 viewing in landscape mode as opposed to portrait?

And ..

If it is possible, how is it achieved?

I've got my phone through a free upgrade, and its really cool, its the constant portrait mode of my phone thats bugging me .. I'd really like to use the applications, not just Internet Explorer, in landscape mode.

Please help. Ta. Mr. Platypus

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mrplatypus

I work for a company who is currently trialling handhelds ..

Notably, those other handhelds,tungsten I think, allow browsing with Pocket Internet Explorer in landscape mode.

I was more hoping that this could be activated somehow with the m1000 and pocket ie, possibly a missing registry key or something??

If its not possible, then its not possible.

Thanks for the link though, I'll take a look at Thunderhawk!!

Thunderhawk is an IE replacement that ONLY works landscape. You dont need to do anything to the OS in order to use Thunderhawk that way. Just to be clear, only the Thunderhawk browser will be landscape, nothing else in the OS.

Download the demo and give it a try. Its rather good!

Guest mrplatypus

I'm in disbelief that PocketIE doesn't or can't display in landscape mode?!

Thunderhawk is good, although to register is expensive ..

I'm also having problems with getting it to register machines locally on the network in work and to recognise .Net aspx web pages - but I'll look in the FAQ's and consider posting requests to the Thunderhawk website on this.

Many thanks for your assistance .. and please keep trying to see if there is some way of getting PocketIE to work in landscape mode upon the m1000 as this feature is highly desired... :)

Guest mrplatypus

From reading the FAQ's on Thunderhawk, it doesn't allow the viewing of pages from a Company's intranet:

** START **

Why doesn’t ThunderHawk display pages from my company's intranet?

ThunderHawk relies on an array of content servers acting as proxies. These servers have a very fast Internet connection, so they are able to download all the HTML code and images fast. They do not strip out content. Instead, they do all the hard work first (page layout with font rendering), and then transmit the actual page content in a compact format to your PDA. The bottom line is, these servers are outside your company, so they cannot see internal sites.

However, ThunderHawk Enterprise Edition does support the viewing of Web pages from a company's intranet. Please contact us for more information.

*** END ***

I've got several options:

1) Get the Companys web pages accessible via the internet

2) Find a way for PocketIE to work in landscape mode on the m1000

3) Get an m2000 (when they are released)

Any other suggestions?

This is one of the annoying limitations of the first version of Pocket PC phone edition. Its sorted out in second edition.

Im not sure that you have any other choice but to either open up your intranet to the internet or to wait for the M2000.