So the M2000 has been released...

Guest Dade

Guest dazza12

Hope you can get it for the same price I got mine - free!

Getting a couple of months to the end of my contract and been with Orange for 9-10 years. Also spend about £60 a month. Not only did they waive the upgrade fee but gave me the phone for free.

Guest dazza12
I've heard reports from some people spending over £50 per month getting the M2000 free!

As well as myself, a mate has just got the phone for free too. He's got a couple of months left on his contract too.

We both upgraded to the Premier talk plan. It's quite a good way of sweetening the deal. Plus you get to upgrade again after 9 months.

The lowest Premier talk plan is about £55.

Guest markthebaggie

I've just been on to Orange Upgrades and they have quoted me £75 upgrade fee and £250 for the phone with my contract due to expire in January (I've got 2 contract phones with them and a data card and spens over £30 per month on each) How are other people being quoted such good deals.

Also contacted Orange sales to see about a new contract and they did not know it was released yet and had no prices or any idea when there would be stock.

Who are you guys talking to to get such deals?

My advice to anyone talking to Orange about any subject is this:

If you dont get the answer you are looking for simply hang up and try again in a few minutes. You will end up taking to a different person and the answers may be different. Dont forget to be polite though as if you are rude they are likely to write this down and subsequent CSC staff members are less likely to help.

How dd you manage that? :shock: nice one :(

I was nice about it, but pretty harsh and uncomprimising :(

Told them o2 would give me the same model for free on new contract :D.

Im VERY VERY happy :(, means i can give this £15 a month sim to my g/f and use my current c500 sim in the m2000.

They also offered me the p910 for the same price, my mate said they told him the lowest they would go (on a £50 a month contract) was over £170.

Two different cs operators did this too, maybe orange have flagged me as a nice customer lol, I didnt even have to bring up the fact they still owe me £50 for a trade in :P

Hmmm. I never get the good deals from Orange - been with them for 4 years spending £35-40 a month and was offered £50 upgrade fee plus £259 for the phone.

Looking to upgrade my Treo 600 to the M2000, if Orange are a bit more flexible... Are there any best prices I can offer up for them to beat?

just received mine :(

and can confirm that the box contents are:

1 x M2000 :)

2 x Battery :(

1 x Charger

1 x Headset

1 x Carry Pouch

1 x 32mb SD

1 x USB Cradle

2 x Stylus (apparently, not seen any yet)

1 x User Guide

1 x Getting started CDROM

Guest dazza12

Still waiting for Parceline to deliver. Their website says it's on the van.

Seen a couple of Parceline vans about, and getting very anxious. I need to pop out for a couple of hours later, and I know they'll attempt to deliver it as soon as I drive round the corner.

The annoying thing is that the local depot is 50 miles away so I'd rather not have to pick it up.

Guest dazza12

It's here! :( :) :(

Re: the other guy that couldn't see his stylus. There should be one in the M2000, and there was one wrapped in plastic underneath.

I'm going to play now. I may be gone some time.......

Guest philgriffiths
Hmmm. I never get the good deals from Orange - been with them for 4 years spending £35-40 a month and was offered £50 upgrade fee plus £259 for the phone.  

Looking to upgrade my Treo 600 to the M2000, if Orange are a bit more flexible... Are there any best prices I can offer up for them to beat?

Have you tried telling them you want to cancel? Tell them something like "I prefer the Black XDAIIs from O2 anyway, could i cancel my contract please?" As long as you keep it nice and polite they almost always offer you a better deal if you say you inted to leave Orange. At least thats my experience anyway. Either way you can always change you mind and not cancel if they still don't give you a better deal. That what i have done in the past and i've always got a better deal.

Absolutely right - as I posted elsewhere -

"Phoned Orange up this morning to enquire for an upgrade (not due until 5th December, so pretty soon). They confirmed that I was not entitled to one & that they could not do anything about it. And when my time came it would be £249.

So I told them that I actually wanted a black one from O2 anyway & could they transfer me to their cancellations.

After being transferred to someone else to cancel, I have a free upgrade being delivered tomorrow / Fri!"

They tried to deliver this morning but went to the wrong address and got refused! Got to wait til tomorrow now!

Tony.

Guest philgriffiths
Absolutely right - as I posted elsewhere -  

"So I told them that I actually wanted a black one from O2 anyway & could they transfer me to their cancellations." Tony.

I thought i had read that idea somewhere. full credit given to ya!

If only they hadn't attempted to deliver to the wrong address, I would be busy playing rather than dreaming!!

Good to hear that it comes with two batteries. I shall need to get hold of a second cradle for home. Ideally I would want a cradle for loading programmes etc at work & a second at home for charging the spare battery for when I spend the day out and about.

Anyone want an Axim 30H with two cradles, batteries, etc?!

Tony.