So the M2000 has been released...

Guest Dade

Guest boyrabs

Initially quoted £249 for the upgrade, my contract was up so I then opted to go for a £50 a month contract opposed to my curent £30. This could not be done due to problems with my billing date etc...

Received M2000 today (ordered Tuesday) as a free upgrade and on remaining £30 tarrif, no problems.

Simply asked for my PAC code!!!

Orange really annoyed me yesterday and think I will have to go and cancel, m2000 or not!

I phone up the orange store who say they have them in, I also mention i've some internet prices - so i rush over after work. I get there and the guy looks at the prices and says I need to call up orange - despite my being there, the phone being there and he being able to call. He wouldn't budge saying I needed to call myself and he could not help me.

I call up later in the evening being told I'm not a big spender - £30-£40 a month so have to pay an upgrade fee of £50 despite being out of contract.

So I can:

1 Pay £50 stay with orange and keep my number for a pricey upgrade and expensive phone (the price of which they will not move on.) despite being with them for 4 years.

2 Stay with Orange and their IMO poor customer service on a new connection unable to keep my number, Or

3 Move elsewhere and take my number for free. Can you say 3g? Cancellation call tonight i reckon

I'd love this phone but i'm being sent around the houses with Orange's flexible pricing depending on who you speak to and so on.

This is where Orange let themselves down. They should have a fixed policy regarding costs of upgrades etc. as its very frustrating wneh you find out the someone else got a better deal just by speaking to a different Orange rep.

I'd try calling back Tim, and see if you get a better answer from a different person!

Guest philgriffiths

If you do call to cancel you will probably find they give you a better deal on the M2000 anyway... Personally i think its a disgrace you should have to threaten to leave a company before you get a good deal, but as far as im concerned where some people have been getting such massive discounts off quoted prices its worth chancing your hand with the odd threat. But a word of caution you MUST keep it polite!

Guest brightlingsea

Thanks to all !

I followed the "cancellation route" option and now am waiting delivery early next week of my FREE M2000 :) . mind, I have been with orange since 1990. So maybe they owe it me anyway?

Now what do I do until it arrives???

This could be one very long week-end ! :cry:

Guest richardkings

Got mine today!

Quite impressed but will probably get a small hanset (nokia 6230) to use as a day to day phone and keep the device as a "data device" mainly due to hassles getting proper car kits -hate having things in my ears!

Did anybody get a 32mb sd card in the box labeled "ORANGE TALK NOW" but blank?

Richard

Guest philgriffiths
Got mine today!

Quite impressed but  will probably get a small hanset  (nokia 6230) to use as a day to day phone and keep the device as a "data device" Richard

I'll be doing the same thing... but certain persons on this forum are making me think my smaller phone may be a neonode N1. Just wait unitl my bank manager finds out! :)

Guest raiderz

Rang Orange today because my e200 Talk 30 contract is up 1st Dec, the upgrade pleb told me it would cost, based on my average spend £249, so I told him I fancied the black XDAIIs from O2 as it was only £69.99, he then passed me to retentions.

Initially retentions said it would cost me £125 upgrade fee, plus £114.99 for the M2000, when I told him about the cost of a XDAIIs he put me on hold for a minute then told me they would waive the upgrade fee and give me the phone for nothing! :)

My girlfriend also rang using the same story to upgrade her Talk 120 contract to a M2000, but there was no way she could get the phone any cheaper than £114.99. :(

Guest raiderz
Where are they selling the XDA IIs for 69.99?

www.mobileshop.com are selling XDA IIs from £69.99 if you select the O2 Max Tarriff, I just used the £69.99 figure to get a free upgrade, I never mentioned to the operator what O2 tariff it would be on.

Guest philgriffiths

just noticed you can get an MDAIII on t mobile for free. It does involve an 18 month contract and around 40-50 quid a month..... but like you said for the purpose of upgrades orange don't need to know that :wink:

Guest brightlingsea

Now that is loyalty. Being with a company 4 years before they even started!

Appologies, :oops: I knew I got the first one when one of the kids was born! That should have read 1994 (Son born) Anyway it shows alot of loyalty to orange !

Guest richardkings

Talk now is the PTT (press to talk service) offered by orange. It is only available on treo 600 at present, but the nokia 5140 supports the service.

I guess they have a client for m2000 but not quite yet

• 3 weeks later...
Guest sganatra

Well, this is my story.

Got the original SPV when it was first released, and was a Modaco addict for the lengh of my contract.

Then the time came to upgrade and i jumped ship to the SE p900, cause i didn't really think much of the e200.

And now that time has come again, and i'm back. This time looking to get the M2000 and more importantly, get hooked onto Modaco again (which aint hard).

I cant belive how big these boards have grown since i was here as an SPV owner.

Well, i called orange the other day and got quoted £249.99. Then went through to disconnections (same every year). Then was told by the guy there that the M2000 is only available to business customers!?!?!

WTF!!! So i went to the Orange Shop and they all looked baffled as to why the guy would have said that. I was very tempted to upgrade to the C-500 as it was free but resisted and called Orange back.

I was then redirected to the same guy (cause he put a note on my account). I asked him if he was sure that there was nothing he could do, and he then said that they were out of stock of M2000 but i could be put on a waiting list.

That was 3 days ago but seems like years and years have passed!

Really want my own M2000 to play with, but now i will probably have to wait till the new year! :cry:

ITS GOOD TO BE BACK THO!

:)

Guest sganatra

Oh forgot to add.

On a £30 a month O2 tarrif, with txt and GPRS bundles. Total bill comes to around £50.

Been with Orange for 4 years, and used the line 'can get cheaper on O2, and have an O2 tarrif anyways so makes no difference to me', to get the phone for nothing.

The Orange staff were completely inflexable with me, they kept asking for £299.99, (upgrade fee + handset) and wouldn't budge even when I asked for my PAC code and got put through to disconnections.

I actually did end my contract after trying a few times, but I put my number on some random Tesco pay as you go card, and then I'll take up a new contract with Orange and use the PAC code from Tesco. I end up having to pay about £119.99 on a £25 a month contract, but hey beats £300 eh?

Guest Wozbacca

I've a fan of the SPV series from the begining and its all good, its annoying they bring out the new phones every 9 months or so because you have to wait til the contract is up before you can change!

so this year came aronud and I've kept my eye on the m2000 for ages as I've been armed with an ipaq h5550 and a e200 anywhere i've been. the ipaqs are good but they heavily rely on a wifi connection. so i really like the m2000 so i phone up orange to get a quote.

OCS girl: yes sir, that'll be a upgrade fee of £75 + £249.99 for the handset.

me: hmm, i've seen the xdaIIs is the the same phone and its £70 on O2, so can you put me through to retentions please.

OCS girl: sure i'll just put you on hold for a tic........hmm, I've spoken with retentions and they've said the m2000 is not being issued anymore because of a fault with them.

me: hmmm, OK can I have my PAC code then

OCS girl: OK, one sec.

*on hold*

NEW OCS MAN: hello sir, ok we can do the m2000 free of charge and wave the upgrade fee, but the only problem is that we're out of stock at the moment. We should get some in the first week of January.

me: nice, put me down for one.

OCS man: ok done, i'll give you a call and put a note on the account for the free upgrade.

its a shame to have to do it every year but i actually went into the orange shop to pay the full wack last week but they were out of stock. i've just saved myself £300+!!

I like the look of the M2000, but I much prefer the graphite grey XDA IIs from O2 - I'm not sure I really want to leave Orange, so my question is this.....

Does anyone know if Orange will be introducing the M2000 in the grey/black flavour (like they did with the black and the silver/champagne C500)?? Or maybe I'm gonna have to desert after 8 years with Orange, just to satisfy my quest for mobile phone nirvana....... :)

Any (informed) replies gratefully received!

Mark.