which is the best? spvm2000 or xda2s

Guest davidjtaylor

Guest davidjtaylor

I will be buying one of these 2 blue angel pda/phones........which do you think is the best one to buy????? orange's spv m2000 or o2's xda2s?

any opinions please.

thanks

david t :?

i think purely down to personal opinion

the specs are all the same...........some different carrier features and software

the m2000 is silver like the pda2k...........and looks nice!

the xda2s............simply gorgeous !!! graphite colour, just superb!

there are also the call plans and bundles to think of from each carrier

Guest ricmoo2003

Take one look at this picture and your mind will be made up :)

It has to be the best looking combi phone/pda on the market. IMHO

Guess what one I bought????????

Richard

Take one look at this picture and your mind will be made up  :) 

It has to be the best looking combi phone/pda on the market. IMHO

Guess what one I bought????????

Richard

2nd that one !

Guest 73bugcab

Aesthetics are in O2 favour but I got great deal from Orange on M2000. Problem being that Orange have not bundled fax software and there is none available which works! O2 win out on functionality as well.

• 2 months later...
Guest djboo

id go for m2000 - which i have... why? simple

high usage gprs on o2=£45 for 125 meg

high usage gprs on orange=£45 for UNLIMITED.

and considering i did between 300 and 600 meg a month on my e200, it was silly ending the contract. that and the o2 sales staff were so retarded they were nearly dribbling.

Guest Farhad
73bugcab, have you tried KSE Truefax 2004 (v.3.0). Not used it on my M2000 but it's just won an award. May be worth a look: -

http://www.ksesoftware.com/

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just to let you know the new version of TrueFax does not work with PDA with built in modems, so you have to us the one version old, like me, but I have it and have used it a number of times (on orange as they give you a seperate free line for receiving fac calls) and it works like a treat.

Guest Shaunfarris

They are both the same, just different operators.

In my opinion the M2000 wins hands down.

It looks proffesional and stylish, whereas the XDAIIs looks cheap and plastic in the flesh.

If your going to buy on photo appearance only tho the XDAIIs looks great.............unfortunately it show wear and tear much much more

But then that is only my opinion

Guest its_millertime22
M2000 comes with two batteries, that won me over. Those things are expensive!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah same, and the fact that for the short time I had an XDA IIs, o2 customer service was not good at all compared to my experiences with Orange.

See photo comparison here.

Pete

Guest DoubleDutch
Just to let you know the new version of TrueFax does not work with PDA with built in modems, so you have to us the one version old, like me, but I have it and have used it a number of times (on orange as they give you a seperate free line for receiving fac calls) and it works like a treat.

Farhad: I've just spoke to Orange and they are resusing to enable the fax number as they say the phone does not support it! Is it working without problesm on your M2000?

-Anthony

• 2 weeks later...
Guest szymon

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi there,

I have an SPV M2000 (HTC Blue Angel), and I installed TrueFax 2.08. I can send faxes with it just fine. However, receiving faxes does not seem to work. If I try to receive on my fax number, it goes directly to the answer fax service. If I try to receive on my normal mobile number, it answers the call then says "modem reported an error" and hangs up.

Any idea how to get it to receive faxes? Can you confirm that you have actually received faxes on Orange using an SPV M2000?

Thanks,

-simon

Guest szymon
I have an SPV M2000 (HTC Blue Angel), and I installed TrueFax 2.08.  I can send faxes with it just fine.  However, receiving faxes does not seem to work.  If I try to receive on my fax number, it goes directly to the answer fax service.  If I try to receive on my normal mobile number, it answers the call then says "modem reported an error" and hangs up.

Any idea how to get it to receive faxes?  Can you confirm that you have actually received faxes on Orange using an SPV M2000?

Ok, so I played around with it a bit, and figured I'd share what I have learned so far. Most importantly, Orange support are useless when it comes to "non standard" functions (and apparently using the fax directly is "non standard").

You cannot control the answer-fax diverting via built-in phone functions (like you could on the 6210i), you need to use GSM codes from http://www.mobileshop.org/usertech/gsmcodes.htm

To disable answerfax and accept faxes on the M2000 directly: ##21*13#

To enable answerfax again: **21*07973100623*13#

Type the codes into the phone application, press Talk after entering them.

Once answerfax is disabled, you can run Truefax (2.09, not 3.x) and have it accept a fax. The call must be made to your FAX number at orange. I've accepted faxes this way, it works.

Problems:

1) There is no ring tone for incoming fax calls on the M2000 - in fact no knowledge of it at all unless the Truefax software is running!

2) There is no way to "answer" an incoming fax call by starting up Truefax - you must have it running before the call comes in.

3) While your phone is waiting to answer faxes with Truefax, the voice line is deactivated (it is in "flight mode" and incoming voice calls are redirected to voicemail).

4) You cannot pick up messages from other GSM faxes - unfortunately this also includes the Fax Mailbox from Orange. So even if you manage to print the fax from Orange voicemail to your fax number, disconnect and start up the Truefax software in time, it won't work (from my testing).

What I would really like to be able to do is set it up so that the answerfax service picks up a fax that I'm not expecting and am not ready to pick up. You can in fact do **61*07973100623*13*5# to have it redirect unanswered fax calls to answerfax after 5 seconds, however this does not work - it redirects it to a busy signal (which is the same as you get if you dial the answerfax number directly). I am assuming this is because it's being treated as an ongoing diverted call rather than one that was sent to the fax mailbox. Oh well, maybe Orange will fix it one day.

Anyway, it "sort of" works - enough for me to do what I really need to. Not decided yet whether to buy the software or not, we'll see.

Hope that's been of use to someone :D

-simon