SPV M1000 availability through Orange?

Guest Pondrew

Guest Pondrew

Hi all,

I've only recently started looking at the Modaco PPCPE forum as Orange have offered me the M1000 on upgrade if it ever comes back in stock. So I'm trying to find out if anyone has a firm idea of if or when said stock will come in? Surely if the 'phone was being discontinued they wouldn't put me on a waiting list with promises to call when it comes available?

I know the M2000 has just arrived on the scene but surely that doesn't mean the M1000 has to be discontinued (and before you ask, I can't go for the M2000 as I don't intend spending anything on this upgrade, I was surprised and please that they could offer the M1000 for free!)

Guest Pondrew

Cheers for that. Wonder if I COULD twist there arm after all to get the M2000 for free. I was only offered the M1000 because I had gone through to disconnections...

Guest DylJones

I've got 2 numbers on my account. My M1000 was a new connection (so I could get a good text deal)

When I rang to cancel my other number (which I didn't upgrade due to impatience) they offered me the M2000 for free. Damn. I almost did it (planning to then sell the M1000) but I'm already tied to at least 6 months of my contract so I didn't in the end.

Anyway, my point is: As I'm on a 'high user' tarrif (£50 line rental), they were going to offer me the M2000 for free once in stock.

Hold out for it long enough and find something to moan about (I've been a customer for ages....no loyalty to old customers....better deal elsewhere...blah blah blah). They'll cave eventually.

Guest Pondrew

Maybe worth a try but for the moment disconnections consider the M2000 unavailable until further notice (checked today). As far as the guy I spoke to was concerned it's been discontinued (no, I don't believe it but there you go).

• 8 months later...
Guest cadburys man

I wanted to buy an SPV M2000 as an upgrade but being as i am on "Everyday 50" they were gonna rip me off by charging me £379.99 for it........... LMFAO!!!

I ended up buying an Xda IIi off ebay for £320 :)

Daz.

Edited by cadburys man