Let's get this forum really going.....

Guest ricmoo2003

Guest ricmoo2003

It's about time we started some threads in here, i will start with my favourite ringtones for my O2 XDAIIs, and maybe we can build on that, put in requests etc...

This is all happening on the sister site for their phones, we should have our own.

Don't forget to do the Registry hack that allows use of ringtones on your memory cards.

Richard

Guest ricmoo2003

Open your registry editor, and do this......

go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER - ControlPanel - SoundCategories - Ring

And change the Directory string to read storage cardringtones

then move all your ringtones from your windowsring folder into your new folder on the storage card and when you go into options in the phone you will see them all there to choose from.

Hope this helps

Richard

Guest DylJones

Ok, I've done this now. (Yay! Ringtone from SD card! :))

Can it be done for notifications too? (Rather than storing them in Windows)

I've had a poke around in the registry but I can't find anything apart from editing each one individually.

Guest ricmoo2003

I tried the setting in the reg for notifications but it didn't seem to work, it needs someone a bit more tekkie than me for that one, you do know that if you put wav files into the windows folder you can use them for notifications?

i dwnloaded the file, and when i try installing this it does not show on my PDA or give me an option to select the install from the box of options..

do i need to do anything else to my XDA II in order to allow me to run this program?

Guest ricmoo2003

Rand, not quite sure what you mean? are you talking about PHM Software in which case i will give you the msi file, just double click and it will install via activsync and be on your program list

Richard

Guest DylJones

To be honest, I tried the MSI a few times yesterday and it didn't work. In the end I downloaded the CAB file and ran the install stright off the phone. Worked fine for me...

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest pride429

Thanks for that tip on using ringtones from the SD card - much appreciated. Now if only someone does the same with notifications then I'll be happy :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest LadFromWales85

Moving the folders MMS saves its files to SD card saves a mass of space too, at least in my case, I receive two MMS a day from my gf cos of her vodafone picture pack :D