A feature i'd like to see...

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Mike Wagstaff
Everytime I press a button, the device vibrates and it is very annoying. Is there a way to disable the vibrate funciton.
I'll look into making the vibrate function optional in a future release.

Mapping to phone button

Swap sizes between text button and medium (m h etc.) indicator

Clear should maybe be 'backspace' or hold to clear?

Option to display First Last instead of Last, First

All sound good, although the backspace functionality may be a little tricky to do due to the way the predictive text method works. Aside from that, I'll look into getting those changes into a future release.

Guest Mike Wagstaff
Well, why not leave the names as they are in my phone book?

I've obviously got them stored how I want :D

P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep, point taken. :D

The search method is actually the reason for the case conversion - in order to match up the letters, names are converted to lower case. There's a separate method to convert them back to "proper" case, but it's rather simplistic - it simply capitalises the first letter of the first and last names.

I suspect the simplest fix will be for me to see if I can get a case insensitive search going. Hopefully, that shouldn't prove too tricky.

• 6 months later...
Guest Samsonite

i've downloaded the D9 app.. great piece of software! I inadvertantly dialled three of my mates last night at about midnight messing about with it but it's just what i needed.

i'll let you know if i get any dramas with it.....

Guest bretto
I'd love to have, rather than a sound for intellipad / dialer when a key is pressed, it would vibrate on keypress instead.

That would be sweeeeeeeet....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you know that you can simply do the following.

edit the registry keys for dtmf

HKCU\\ControlPanel\\SoundsDtmf0 thru 9 or whatever

Copy the DWORD Sound key to something else and add a new string key called Sound. Then set its value to *vibrate* and there you go a vibrate on keypress.

Guest dan13l

I've just downloaded D9 to give it a go. What did I think? Fantastic!

This really could be a wonderful replacement my current dialler on my M500.

I'd echo some of the things on Pauls wishlist, and add some of my own:

- Mapping to phone button (from Pauls list)

- Swap sizes between text button and medium (m h etc.) indicator (also from Pauls, the text button is a little small for my thumb)

- When the sms is composed, is it possible to set the to: field with ContactName , instead of just the phone number? eg: Jeff <12345678>. This way, the sent items list for text messages will display the name of the person the message was sent to, rather than just a number.

- Related the SMS, it would be fantastic if D9 could be used to compose and send sms messages :) The buttons are just the right size for quick sms messages. If its not possible to send the message, would it be possible to use D9 to enter the text, and then copy that over the a new sms message for sending?

An awesome start though, I'm going to use it for a few days to see if it does anything odd ;)

Guest vijay555

Paul, someone found the solution on XDA Developers Forums.

Don't think I'll bother with it, I'm a calligrapher man, but it's available.

Similar principle to the old vibrating menus on spvs!

V