Cingular Voicemail Number?

Guest GotPhil

Guest GotPhil

I got the MPx 220 through Cingular and while I get voicemail notifications there is no voicemail phone number setup on the phone. Their website tells me to call Cingular but I know that all I have to do is add the phone number for voicemail to the phone. So my question is, does anyone know the voicemail phone number or where I could find it? Or do I have to call Cingular? I'm in Washington, zip code 98052.

Guest infiniverse
I got the MPx 220 through Cingular and while I get voicemail notifications there is no voicemail phone number setup on the phone.  Their website tells me to call Cingular but I know that all I have to do is add the phone number for voicemail to the phone.  So my question is, does anyone know the voicemail phone number or where I could find it?  Or do I have to call Cingular?  I'm in Washington, zip code 98052.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The fastest way to get the number that you would need would be to call Cingular directly. They have multiple numbers nationwide.

I have the MPx220 as well. I set up my VM and I only now push and hold #1 to dial my VM. Now the annoying part is there is no security code. I guess I need to upgrade to the better VM to get this?

Guest chris_jon
I guess I need to upgrade to the better VM to get this?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm told that once you call and set it up the first time, the phone remembers your passcode. Not sure about that, but it's what the sales person told me.

Guest nobznss

I'm pretty sure there's no number or password you need to enter. All you need to do is call your cell phone from your cell phone. There is an option in your phone to set up your voicemail call number in your settings. I'll post a how to tomorrow since my wife has my phone tonight. But it's pretty easy.

Guest dabonez

Cingular is a bunch of dumbasses.

I had the same problem and I was told 3 different phone numbers to program into it. They all asked me for codes or enter your mailbox number.

So I decided to try dialing my own cell number and guess what it goes straight to my voicemail and does not ask me for my number and crapp.

So enter your phone number and see if that helps, it did with me.

I get to my VM on both my MPx220 and V551 by pressing #1 but I will have to find out about the security codes. I prefer to have a code required, I don't want someone picking up my phone and calling my VM.

Guest McHale

There's a bunch of prefixes for each VM number. I can't help you for your area but I have all of them for IL and WI. In fact, I just posted them at Howard Forums this morning for a similar thread...

If anyone needs them, I can re-post them here...

-Mc

Guest dchester
I get to my VM on both my MPx220 and V551 by pressing #1 but I will have to find out about the security codes.  I prefer to have a code required, I don't want someone picking up my phone and calling my VM.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

For me, if I dial the VM number on another phone, it prompts me for my phone number and PIN. When I press #1 (or the VM Prompt) on my phone, it does not ask me for any thing. This seems to be the proper thing to do (unless your phone gets stolen).