MPx220 Cradle now available...

Guest TaylorTAP

Guest TaylorTAP

I just found this cradle on AT&T's web site for MPx220 accessories.

490126.jpg

Available here: http://www.yourwirelesssource.com/PhoneAcc...MOTOROLA+MPx220

You can purchase it off the site above. It seems they are having some "issues" with their database right now but hopefully are working on it. OR, you can pay 15$ more and buy it from AT&T's web site :)

[Edited for news by Paul [MVP], thanks TaylorTAP for the submission!]

Guest www.msmobiles.com

Are you sure that this cradle is for MPx220 specifically? The official website of Motorola (i.e. motorola.com) doesn't list this cradle in list of accessories for MPx220 !!!

Or maybe it is just cradle for other Motorola phone that has connector compatible with MPx220?

Guest www.msmobiles.com
here - on the page of Motorola - the MPx220 is not listed as phone compatible with this charger! this "your wireless source.com" maybe make a mistake?

Guest Microsoft

Hum well.. They look the same on the bottom? Anyways that "stand" costs more than my A925 :) Buy it? No! Use orginal stand and use phone speakers? Yes!

Guest squall
yea, oh well :)

while we're on the topic any news of a c500 cadle yet?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well not really. Im getting to the stage where im thinking of making one myself. Im having a word with a liquid plastic moulding company, see what they can come up with for what cost. Will post when I get prices etc

Guest TaylorTAP

I'm not sure if it will fit right or not but it was listed on AT&Ts website as a MPX220 accessory but I think that is just because they pull from yourwirelesssources database. I figured somebody out there can charge it to the company expense account to find out if it is any good or not.

Guest lanrover

I got one from E-Bay and it fits the MPX-220. The back has adapter that can fit the power or the USB Data Cable. I have not tried to charge it but I assume that it will work. I paid $15 for this along with a car charger + $7.00 for shipping and handling.

Guest TaylorTAP
I got one from E-Bay and it fits the MPX-220. The back has adapter that can fit the power or the USB Data Cable. I have not tried to charge it but I assume that it will work. I paid $15 for this along with a car charger + $7.00 for shipping and handling.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Let me know when you get it if it fits or not. Who'd you buy this from on ebay?

Guest cortez

the "3-prong" connector will work, however, i'm concerned that the charger is not wide enough to accept the MPx220. right now i use an aftermarket desktop charger designed for the Moto T720 and it works just fine!

Guest gsr264

To clear things up, this was orignally a stand for phones like the v600 and others that have the same port on the bottom. It does fit the mpx220 because of the motorola style port on the bottom in lieu of the usb port. It has been available for close to a year now (didn't see why this was news worthy) at about $30 on the motorola site, or $10-$20 on ebay. It has a data port and a charger port on the back.

Good luck with it, but it looks pretty cheap to me.

PS- All chargers for motorola phones and headsets should be universal within the motorola brand now. T720, v600, v400, v220, hs810... These ALL should use the same charger and data cables.

Guest TaylorTAP
To clear things up, this was orignally a stand for phones like the v600 and others that have the same port on the bottom. It does fit the mpx220 because of the motorola style port on the bottom in lieu of the usb port. It has been available for close to a year now (didn't see why this was news worthy) at about $30 on the motorola site, or $10-$20 on ebay. It has a data port and a charger port on the back.

Good luck with it, but it looks pretty cheap to me.

PS- All chargers for motorola phones and headsets should be universal within the motorola brand now. T720, v600, v400, v220, hs810... These ALL should use the same charger and data cables.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I knew that they all had the same port but wasn't sure if the phone would actually fit the cradle or not.

Guest Rolltide12
I knew that they all had the same port but wasn't sure if the phone would actually fit the cradle or not.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't know if anyone still cares but I can shed a little light if so.

The charger WILL work for the phone without any problems. However, the extra battery port will NOT charge the battery for the MpX220 phone. Because of the contact points being on bottom they don't line up with the charger contacts.

• 4 weeks later...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can verify that this cradle/charger does indeed work with the Mpx220. I stole my wife's (she had a V600 or something like that) and connected this cradle to the data cable, and voila! It charges! It synchs! It does everything... and it's not really cheaply made. Looks good on a desktop. Don't know why Motorola and AT&T don't market this for this phone.

Guest omega2008
I can verify that this cradle/charger does indeed work with the Mpx220.  I stole my wife's (she had a V600 or something like that) and connected this cradle to the data cable, and voila!  It charges!  It synchs!  It does everything... and it's not really cheaply made.  Looks good on a desktop.  Don't know why Motorola and AT&T don't market this for this phone.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can you charge the MPx 220 battery in the batery charger in the back of the base?

• 3 weeks later...

Seems there is an 'official' MPX220 desktop-cradle (fits a lot of Motorola models.) Found this one on the Dutch Motorola website under MPX220_xtra. It's called the CH650. It charges, syncs and is able to charge an extra accu in 4 hours.

CH650_mdwd.gif

Edited by FXPP

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.