Microsoft Windows Mobile 2005 Revealed

Guest beckett1

Guest beckett1

Post removed... see below for e-mail sent to Paul [MVP], MoDaCo founder.

VIA EMAIL:

Demand for Immediate Take-Down: Notice of Infringing Activity

URL: removed

CASE #: removed

18 January 2005

Dear Sir or Madam,

It has come to Microsoft's attention that your website includes material which is in violation of Microsoft's intellectual property rights. Content currently residing within your computer system infringes on the trademark rights of Microsoft Corporation and constitutes an unauthorized activity relating to Microsoft computer programs.  Moreover, the material contains proprietary trade secret information belonging to Microsoft.  I am authorized to act on behalf of Microsoft in this matter.

The infringing materials residing on your system are the screen shots of Microsoft Windows Mobile 2005 available at the following location:

removed

Posting of Microsoft’s proprietary trade secret information as described above is not authorized by Microsoft, any of its agents, or by law.  We request that you immediately take steps to remove this material from your website.  If you do not act expeditiously to remove access to the infringing material, you may otherwise be liable for trademark infringement, trade secret misappropriation, and/or other remedies at law, including civil and criminal penalties.

We appreciate your cooperation in this matter. Please advise us regarding what actions you take.

Yours sincerely,

removed

Internet Investigator

on behalf of Microsoft Corporation

One Microsoft Way

Redmond, WA 98052

United States of America

E-mail: removed

Way to go MS!

P

Cool, impressive that Microsoft are always working on the windows mobile platform. Sure there will be another will they won't they update saga (mpx200 anyone?)

Guest squall

windows mobile promises to make a big show at ces, lots of good news coming.

I want a Gizmondo!

shiny new phones to!

oh and as ever os phone updates are down to the networks! it will be a long time before we know. I wouldnt think anything other than c500 and mpx220 could handle an update.

Guest ClintEastman

I must not have been fast enough to get this posted! :cry:

I can't wait for the next wave of hardware! :)

Edited by ClintEastman

Heared they testing it with the mpx220, though only thing is that how do u test wifi for a smartphone, when there "are" :) no wifi smartphones out?

by smartphone i mean mpx220 c500 mitac 8390 ect...

"Z"

Heared they testing it with the mpx220, though only thing is that how do u test wifi for a smartphone, when there "are" :) no wifi smartphones out?

by smartphone i mean mpx220 c500 mitac 8390 ect...

"Z"

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Does the mpx220 do SDIO wifi? I think this is an update for pocket pc aswell (which do have wifi)

Guest squall

i heard motorola were testing wifi with the mpx100 before it was cancelled. That did have a regular slot.

That being said I think the only time we will see wifi in smartphones on sale (with the possible exception of the e200) will be in devices which have the hardware built in.

miniSD wifi cards are a long way away

Guest Microsoft

...This.. was to good news for me! :) So.. Microsoft (not me) likes sonyericsson and symbian design?

What is that triangel in the last photo?! Never seen before in my phone. Is it the wlan? Eh then it is a bad design on that. Triangel = Wlan? Nah. What is it? I dont know! :( :roll:

When will we se goforce in HTC products?

When i get my phone with GoForce 3D 7000 Extrem-Edition-Extra-small-size-and-so-on:

1. I will get a watercooler to it

2. I will get RivaTunner Smartphone edition

3. I will clock it to a Geforce 6800

4. I will play my Doom 4 (yepp, thats right, IV)

*Was that offtopic?*

Edited by Microsoft

Guest Microsoft
I must not have been fast enough to get this posted! :cry:

I can't wait for the next wave of hardware!  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This topic is about a thing called "software". And its not "hardware". Soft and Hard! Get it? :roll:

Guest ClintEastman
This topic is about a thing called "software". And its not "hardware". Soft and Hard! Get it?  :roll:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Errrr.... I think you will find that it's that next wave of hardware that will be running this software, as im sure as ever there will be no offical upgrade path for any of the current smartphone models. And of course none of them have WiFi or the new screen res (anybody know what is happening with the new res under 2005?).

So yes, I am infact waiting for the new wave of hardware. (thats the only way for us lesser mortals to get this software. :)

Edited by ClintEastman

Guest Monolithix [MVP]
Cool, impressive that Microsoft are always working on the windows mobile platform. Sure there will be another will they won't they update saga (mpx200 anyone?)

Windows Mobile is a core area of Microsoft and has been for a while. That means its just as important to MS as Windows and Office is... :)

Guest kianlo0n

Microsoft are only testing Magneto on the Motorola MPx220 Smartphone.

does this mean that for those who bought their MPx220, can get their OS upgrade to Magneto?