Is there any news on more stock?

Guest Wozbacca

Guest dazultra2000

This is getting absolutely ridiculous. I want my phone! it's been over 2 months since it had to be sent back, and I'm getting VERY VERY angry.

What can I do?

The minimum warranty is 12 months from date of purchase not 5/6 years as you suggest. The 6 years referrs to the support for the product. You must be able to buy spares etc for at least 6 years.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, the 6 years refers to the maximum time under which you can lodge a claim for repair or replacement under the Sale of Goods Act.

• For up to six years after purchase (five years from discovery in Scotland) purchasers can demand damages (which a court would equate to the cost of a repair or replacement).

http://www.dti.gov.uk/ccp/topics1/facts/salegoodsact.htm

The manafacturer's warranty is addition to your statutory rights. Any vendor that refuses to repair an item on the grounds that the "it is out of the 12 month warranty" is talking BS if the product would normally be expected to last much longer.

Just got a text message from Orange saying the M2000 is back in stock, so called retentions, explained that I was on the outbound callback list but they hadn't got round to me yet - they checked on the system and it is indeed back in stock.

Wallet now £115 lighter, shiny new M2000 on its way! :lol:

Guest sganatra

i'm on a £30 a month tarriff. with gprs, txt and Orange care added, i probably pay about £45. I go over my monthly limit every month tho, so roughtly i would say £50-£60 a month.

Mines lower than that, usually in the £35-40 range. Maybe that's why I couldn't get it free (they told me in November I could, then changed their minds in January).

Not that I'm too bothered, at least I've managed to order one now!

Guest sganatra
Mines lower than that, usually in the £35-40 range.  Maybe that's why I couldn't get it free (they told me in November I could, then changed their minds in January).

Not that I'm too bothered, at least I've managed to order one now!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was worried cause i read that other users (might have been u) have reported that they were offered the phone for free but then were asked to pay.

I thought the same would happen to me. I even had my credit card out, but she said it was free. Who am i to argue?

:lol:

I am 4 months into my current contract (I pay £100 a month- all in all).

I want to upgrade to the M2000 and was quoted £99 for phone and £50 upgrade fee.

Do you think it is worth it?

Thanks in advance.

This is getting absolutely ridiculous. I want my phone! it's been over 2 months since it had to be sent back, and I'm getting VERY VERY angry.

What can I do?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know the feeling Daz - I'm coming up on a month with only a P910 for company :-( . But there is light at the end of the tunnel. Got a somewhat garbled call from the Orange guy I've been harrassing and he told me that he'd been told that 'stock levels are sufficient now for replacements to be sent out'.

They've had handsets for new customers for the last few weeks but none for us poor early adopters. I've been told to expect a call to arrange delivery/removal of offensive Sony Ericsson product within th enext 24 hours. Hopefully you'll be even sooner?

What can I do?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We've already told you. Get your money back. All of it. You are fully entitled to, two months is not a reasonable time frame, especially on a device with a contract period of 12 months.

Any hastle from the operator in refunding you, tell them you will speak to trading standards and cancel your direct debit with them at your bank. Mention the words "as described" and "fit for purpose", and the ultimate one "sale of goods act". You will find that the moment you mention one of these three phrases, their attitude changes completely.

If they are stupid enough to actually call your bluff, give trading standards a call. They are really helpful and are not for profit as it's a government department. When I contacted them, I got the impression that they genuinely wanted to help me.

What will most likely happen is that you will get put to the top of the list, or even get a phone sent then and there. Or they will just refund you and you can take your money elsewhere. You are doing them a favour by giving them your custom, not the other way around! Never forget that! Either way, you can have it sorted out by Friday if you really wanted.

The fact that Orange are actively giving out phones to NEW customers means they don't have a leg to stand on. The thing about getting a refurbished model is their problem, not yours. They should have just given you a new one. As far as the law is concerned (AFAIK), it doesn't differentiate.

Guest dazultra2000

The main problem is that I don't want my money back.

I want my phone!

I paid £250 for it in store as a new connection, on a contract that I wont be able to get anywhere else (orange student package). I want the phone, now!

There are some problems that I can't go into as to why i can't contact trading standards over this. If these problems didn't exist I would have contacted any sales standards agencies I could weeks ago.

I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place, and this letter I recieved from Melanie Coverdale seems to set it in stone that I will only get a refurbished handset, and not a brand new one - and it seems like that's never going to happen (if they haven't had a refurbished phone in the 3 months it's been out - whats the liklihood I'm ever going to get one.)

I have to say this is the WORST ever customer service I have EVER seen by such a large company. I've now been lied to by 8 different CSRs, and I've been told they've lied to me by 4 others. I'm plain sick and tired of this, and now that RussellH's contact has essentially told me "tough luck" I'm basically lost with a phone that doesn't do what I bought a phone for.

I hate orange.

I want my phone!

I paid £250 for it in store as a new connection, on a contract that I wont be able to get anywhere else (orange student package). I want the phone, now!

I hate orange.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you hate Orange that much, why do you want to carry on giving them money (in rental and calls) when they've treated you so badly? You're perfectly entitled to demand a full refund as Orange haven't delivered what you paid for. Then, you'll be no worse off than before you walked in the shop. Sounds to me like you want your cake and eat it.

Guest its_millertime22

To all those waiting for the M2000 as an UPGRADE:

It is showing on their website as IN STOCK...

I was on the callback list, but after seeing that people were getting their orders in here, I called them myself, got through to upgrades, and they gave me my M2000 (delivered within 3 days).

BTW, they've been offering it to me for free since January - I'm on the £30 200Xnet mins tarrif (I do go over a bit).

Pete

I want my phone!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So? When you ask for your money back, they aren't going to give it to you straight away. Just ask for it and they will likely bend-over backwards for you. Especially if this issue has already been covered in the press. Make sure O know you won't be quiet.

Mention the three phrases I keep on telling you, and you'll have this sorted in days. Seriously. Companies like Orange don't like getting hastle from Trading Standards. It's embarassing and it brings them down to the level of Del Boy. Image is very important for Orange. Getting you a new phone might cost them up to 500 quid. Contrast that to how much they lose should even just five potential customers get turned off by an article they read saying that replacements are a joke. Five times ave 50 quid pcm bill times 12 months. £3000. See. Do the math. And that's just five lost users, hit the national press and they lose a fortune.

Jeez, what's up with the world lately? When did everyone turn spineless? :lol:

Guest witch-queen
I know the feeling Daz - I'm coming up on a month with only a P910 for company :-( .  But there is light at the end of the tunnel.  Got a somewhat garbled call from the Orange guy I've been harrassing and he told me that he'd been told that 'stock levels are sufficient now for replacements to be sent out'. 

They've had handsets for new customers for the last few weeks but none for us poor early adopters.  I've been told to expect a call to arrange delivery/removal of offensive Sony Ericsson product within th enext 24 hours.  Hopefully you'll be even sooner?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've had a faulty M2000 since November but because tech. support had not seen one themselves and had no idea how it worked to be able to confirm it was faulty, it was not diagnosed till January by which time it was over the 28 days and therefore not due a new replacement. :x

Held out as long as I could, but finally accepted the P910i last week. Agree it IS offensive and dangerous to use whilst driving as to make a call you have to hit several buttons to find the number you want.

Phoned Premier Customer Service this morning and was told still no news. Let me know if you get yours so I can scream at someone.

Guest scourtney

I've been waiting for an upgrade to the M2000 since early hints last September and have really appreciated listening in on everyone's shared frustration with Orange.

The good news is - after asking to be put on the upgrade availability notification list as soon as they finally got around to opening one, I received a text message yesterday saying they were in stock. My first phone call got me a price of £249.99, but when I said I'd move to O2 or T-Mobile they finally put me through to Retentions. I got mine for free (I'm on an O2 equivalent contract - just £25/month for 100 min and 100 texts, just moved down from 400 min). I've prdered two - one for me and one for my husband - he had to pay £64.99 on a lower tariff. They promised delivery in 3 working days. I'm away for the next two, but just had a text from home asking if I wanted him to charge my new phone. Such a question. Can't wait to get my hands on it tomorrow night. :lol:

I ordered mine as well. Bit the bullet and got it through Orange (yay, two batteries!), even though I'd already gotten my PAK code. So, I was out of the call-back queue, phoned up and managed to get one sent then and there.

Guy wouldn't budge down from 89.99 and I just couldn't be bothered trying to push it any further. Either get one now, or maybe not get one for months. Hmm. It's in the post.

I've had a faulty M2000 since November but because tech. support had not seen one themselves and had no idea how it worked to be able to confirm it was faulty, it was not diagnosed till January by which time it was over the 28 days and therefore not due a new replacement. :x

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Did you report the fault with them and ask for a refund or new replacement within the 28 days? If it took them longer to prove the fault because of their lack of knowledge then they have no case. Within the first 6 months, the burden of proof is on the trader to produce evidence that the product was not inherently faulty - not you.

Guest MarkDavison

My M2000 is on the way as well. I did not get the text message promised or a call back. Saw that they were available and phoned up. Got through to retentions and was instantly offered it for 64.99. Did not even have to make a fuss!

Anyway, now more people are getting these, does anyone know any good sites for accessories e.g. another charger for home use, screen protectors etc.

Guest dazultra2000

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Orange just called to arrange my delivery! :lol:

Will let you know if it comes between 9 and 1 tomorrow! :roll:

Guest witch-queen

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I just had a call from Orange too. The lady I spoke to yesterday called Emma actually called me back :shock: :shock: :shock:

My replacement will be delivered between 9 and 1 tomorrow :shock: :shock: :shock:

Will keep you all posted. Going for a lay down now to get over the shock lol

Edited by witch-queen