CodeWallet Pro Free From Handango This Week

Guest Thumper Net

Guest peekie

Thanks to member Mcwarre for letting us know about this.

For the last few weeks Handango have been offering free applications to everyone - and this week its CodeWallet Pro 4.2 for Smartphone.

With this application you can Store everything securely on your phone with CodeWallet Pro! including ..Charge cards, passwords, online shopping accounts and more! also English, German, French languages included!

Go grab it from HERE!

cwsp.gif

Guest nobznss

I got it too. But my question is, what do you use it for. I mean any important passwords, credit card numbers, etc I just remember. I guess you can't bite the hand that feeds you, huh? :)

Guest searla
I got it too.  But my question is, what do you use it for.  I mean any important passwords, credit card numbers, etc I just remember.  I guess you can't bite the hand that feeds you, huh?  :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've used a similar one (Splash ID) on my PDA for a while and its invaluable - I take your point about remembering the important passwords - but this stores everything - such as bank account numbers - card numbers etc - you're a better man than me if you can remember all them bad boys. :)

Hope this is as good on me C500 - thanks 8)

I have all my account info. If I ever lose a credit card I have all the numbers I need to call in their. I also have all of the passwords I have for programs and websites, along with all my software keys (PC and phone). Also, misc membership numbers (frequent flyer numbers, video store membership #'s, etc.)

Guest Disco Stu
I have all my account info. If I ever lose a credit card I have all the numbers I need to call in their. I also have all of the passwords I have for programs and websites, along with all my software keys (PC and phone).  Also, misc membership numbers (frequent flyer numbers, video store membership #'s, etc.)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Same here.

With the PC sync tool you've got a backup you can easily transfer to a new phone, and you can even save a .txt version for to print out and hide for 'the day after tomorrow' when there's no electricity :)

Guest chucky.egg

You guys seem to know about this, so I'll ask here....

Is there an easy way to transfer my data from eWallet to CodeWallet?

I don't want to have to re-type it all again cos there's mountains of it!

If I can get a CSV-type export (or any other type for that matter) from eWallet can I import that into CodeWallet?

You guys seem to know about this, so I'll ask here....

Is there an easy way to transfer my data from eWallet to CodeWallet?

I don't want to have to re-type it all again cos there's mountains of it!

If I can get a CSV-type export (or any other type for that matter) from eWallet can I import that into CodeWallet?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

'Fraid not. It's a gripe I've had with Developer One since it came out. They thought it reasonable for someone to have to manually enter over 500 records (and, due to the nature of the data, without one single typo), and claimed that a CSV import routine would be too confusing for users and too difficult for them to support. How patronising. Incidentally, 500 records is not unreasonable when every forum, on line shop, bank account and work access you visit these days requires a secure login. That's why I now actively avoid any application that doesn't have flexible data import / export facilities, or that tries to lock you into a proprietory format. With the number of different platforms in use today, data portablity is essential. So before you put all your eggs in one basket, ask yourself what you'll do with all those precious records you've built up when you change your PDA/phone for something new in 12 months' time?

Programs with import facilities include SplashID, PasswordsPlus, eWallet and ckdWallet. Or use an encrytable database like Handbase.

Splashdata are also quite forward thinking in that the license covers the user (unless this has recently changed), not the device, so the same key can be used irrespective of platform, e.g. Smartphone, PPC, Palm and Symbian. Which is a real advantage for people that like changing their gadgets as often as we do.

Edited by Metoo

'Fraid not. It's a gripe I've had with Developer One since it came out. They thought it reasonable for someone to have to manually enter over 500 records (and, due to the nature of the data, without one single typo), and claimed that a CSV import routine would be too confusing for users and too difficult for them to support.  How patronising. Incidentally, 500 records is not unreasonable when every forum, on line shop, bank account and work access you visit these days requires a secure login. That's why I now actively avoid any application that doesn't have flexible data import / export facilities, or that tries to lock you into a proprietory format. With the number of different platforms in use today, data portablity is essential. So before you put all your eggs in one basket, ask yourself what you'll do with all those precious records you've built up when you change your PDA/phone for something new in 12 months' time?

Programs with import facilities include SplashID, PasswordsPlus, eWallet and ckdWallet. Or use an encrytable database like Handbase.

Splashdata are also quite forward thinking in that the license covers the user (unless this has recently changed), not the device, so the same key can be used irrespective of platform, e.g. Smartphone, PPC, Palm and Symbian. Which is a real advantage for people that like changing their gadgets as often as we do.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good points metoo! I didn't think of that stuff!

Guest chucky.egg

Thanks Metoo that's useful stuff. I don't have 500 records, but I do have loads.

I'd kinda ignored SplashID because it looked (from the screenshots alone) a bit ugly and basic, but having just read a little on their website it appears pretty good! Imports and Exports, including CSV format (which is like the lowest common denominator, and a good fall-back), clickable URLs and (hopefully) dialing from stored phone numbers!

It's $30 though, and I've just got CodeWallet for free, and just paid out to TomTom! Doh!

Thanks Metoo that's useful stuff.  I don't have 500 records, but I do have loads.

I'd kinda ignored SplashID because it looked (from the screenshots alone) a bit ugly and basic, but having just read a little on their website it appears pretty good!  Imports and Exports, including CSV format (which is like the lowest common denominator, and a good fall-back), clickable URLs and (hopefully) dialing from stored phone numbers!

It's $30 though, and I've just got CodeWallet for free, and just paid out to TomTom!  Doh!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's what the demo is for- you might decide you don't like SplashID after all. It's not to everone's taste. They've gone for a more straight forward "database" appearance that the others, so less "eye candy", but more info on screen.

Guest Confucious

I just had a look at this as I've never used such an application before and thought I'd enter all my details on the PC and Sync to the phone but am i right in thinking that to do this I would have to purchase the desktop version for $19.95 sio to use this I either have to pay or enter all my details on the phone?

The phone is great for carrying data and enetreing small amounts of data but if I'm expected to enter all my data on the phone i think I'll give this one a miss.

Guest Disco Stu
I just had a look at this as I've never used such an application before and thought I'd enter all my details on the PC and Sync to the phone but am i right in thinking that to do this I would have to purchase the desktop version for $19.95 sio to use this I either have to pay or enter all my details on the phone?

The phone is great for carrying data and enetreing small amounts of data but if I'm expected to enter all my data on the phone i think I'll give this one a miss.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry, but you're right on both counts.

Also, by the time you've opened up CodeWallet the 'Chip & Pin' machine has rebooted itself !

Guest chucky.egg

FWIW I'm having all sorts of problems getting SplashID to sync, and importing from eWallet.

There's an import option for half a dozen other systems, including eWallet, which raised a cheer to start with, but it didn't work for mine! Argh! Trying to convert eWallet export into CSV by hand, import to SplashID and then Sync.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, you are correct. Though I recall the Desktop programme was a previous freebie on the Handango promotion.

FWIW I'm having all sorts of problems getting SplashID to sync, and importing from eWallet.

There's an import option for half a dozen other systems, including eWallet, which raised a cheer to start with, but it didn't work for mine!  Argh!  Trying to convert eWallet export into CSV by hand, import to SplashID and then Sync.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

EWallet changed their export format in their last version - so it wouldn't even load back into their own application! Basically, you need to add a colon : after each of the field names in the eWallet TXT file, otherwise SplashID will try and load everything into one card. From memory, the way I did this was:-

1. Load a copy of TXT file into Excel - make sure you define every column as Text format on import otherwise it'll strip leading zeros on phone numers etc

2. Insert extra column on left hand side in Excel.

3. Insert numbers 1 - 9999 (or however many rows you have), in the new column A. This is used as a reference so you can always get back to the original order after doing a re sort.

3. Sort the data on the Field Names (now col :)

4. Search for colons in your data - if found, change to something else unique (I use ""

5. Carefully use Find & Replace to add colons to the end of each batch of field names.

6. Use Text to Columns to split cells on new : delimiters

7. Put records back in original order by sorting on Col A (ref no).

8. Save a working copy - you might need to come back to this sheet a few times before you get it right.

9 Delete Col A (ref no)

10. Save as TXT file

11. Try importing to SplashID Desktop.

I haven't found a way of preserving the Type and Categories yet, but at least this should allow you to get the core data in.

You might have a lot of colons you've changed to something else that you now want to put back (e.g. in URLs http:// which are now http// ). Once you have everything in SplashID desktop, you can export/import CSV to your heart's content, and do global changes in Word or Excel , such as to :

Might sound complicated, but fairly straightforward once you'e done it a couple of times. Just remember to keep backups, and delete all the text files and spreadsheets you have lying around when finished as they are a big security risk!

Edited by Metoo

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.