SD card with built-in USB adapter

Guest Rod

I just thought I would alert people to this new SD card shown at CES. It can be plugged straight into a USB port. A very cool idea I think.

While this is only useful for phones using an full sized SD card (such as E200) it means you could just add MP3s or other files straight to the card from any computer without activesync!

Full story is at engadget.com.

http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000683026343/

post-1-1105056579_thumb.jpg

SDUSB.bmp

Guest blade001

Look very cool. But the question is, will it be compatable with handheld devices such as SPV and PPC(M1000)? I am sure E200 only works with single layer cards. So the question will reamin till someone tries the card when it comes out. But I am sure that it will work with PPC Devices such as M1000 and later.

Errm,

Will that fit into a E200? Nope! (look at where the USB port is attached)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why wouldn't it? I think you may be looking at it wrong.

Guest mcwarre
Why wouldn't it?  I think you may be looking at it wrong.

Look at the picture.

The SD card on an E200 is placed in the slot in the direction of the guys/gals fingers. The bit sticking out of the side (i.e. the usb bit) would stop the SD card being inserted!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

It goes in the other way mcwarre...in the picture the card is bent in half (around the finger). To put it back the black bit snaps into the bottom half and it slots in perpendicular to the persons fingers!

Guest oallostavros

So is Sandisk just buying these SD/USB cards from Digimaster and then adding the little cap onto them before selling them under the Sandisk name?

If so, what's keeping Digimaster from doing the same?

Any idea on whether Digimaster or Sandisk might have patents for their innovation?

I think this will be a fairly big money maker. Its definitely on my buy list.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.