Activesnyc 3.8

Guest superflytnt

Guest phillyfan

How can you check to ensure you are using pass thru on the 5600 and getting the speed you should? Ive changed the setting to pass through connection on phone is that the closest I can get to knowing it is done correctly?

Feature: ActiveSync pass-through connection.

Benefit: Enables you to use your USB cradle connection to pass through your desktop PC to access the Internet or a network with your mobile device. You can then perform tasks, such as browsing the Internet, or downloading IMAP/POP 3 e-mail messages.

Wasn't this in 3.7.1?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest StevenK
I would then delete all contacts on phone and resync this should correct your error.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, it does; however, it does not make me get my 300 contacts back :(

So, yes, I've got the same problem: calendar will sync, contacts won't. Had this problem on my old phone, got a new c500 today; syncing with an empty phone was ok, untill I restored my contacts from orange backup.

So I'd really like to know you to get my contact from one of my phones :lol:

Guest Confucious

No, no, no, no no!

Orange backup from another phone will not work - do a search for Orange's reply to my questiomn on this. The recommended solution is to Sync your previous phone with outlook and then Sync from outlook to your C500. It is a known bug that has been discussed so many times that I emailed orange about it even though I've never used Orange Backup myself.

Why can't you just Sync your contacts from Outlook to the phone?

Guest StevenK
No, no, no, no no!

Orange backup from another phone will not work - do a search for Orange's reply to my questiomn on this. The recommended solution is to Sync your previous phone with outlook and then Sync from outlook to your C500. It is a known bug that has been discussed so many times that I emailed orange about it even though I've never used Orange Backup myself.

It has worked like a charm for, first moving from spv to spv e-200, then e-200 to e-200 because of warranty replacement; the problems with syncing only came later.

Why can't you just Sync your contacts from Outlook to the phone?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's just the problem: there's a corruption in the phone's contacts database causing activesync to abort. And since There 's a number of contact not yet synchronised, I can't use Outlook as source for a new or empty phone.

I've solved to problem by manually transferring every contact using infrared :lol:

Guest Confucious

It is a known problem restoring backups to the C500. You should have synced the e200 to Outlook then Outlook to the C500 - easy to say now when it's to late isn't it.

Sorry.

Guest StevenK
It is a known problem restoring backups to the C500. You should have synced the e200 to Outlook then Outlook to the C500 - easy to say now when it's to late isn't it.

Sorry.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

English is not my native language, so maybe I did not make myself clear, but the problems already occurred with my E200, before I even had a C500.

Making a backup on a E200 and then restoring it to a C500 definitely is not a problem.