Blue Angel XDA IIs WI-FI Performance

Guest mhanbury

Guest mhanbury

I was just wondering on what peoples comments where on the wi-fi performance of the blue angel? I borrowed a friends Dell X30 to test with my wireless access point the other day and the range and performance where excellent. In fact the range was almost as good as my laptop! How does the Blue Angel Wi-Fi compare?

Guest Gorskar
I was just wondering on what peoples comments where on the wi-fi performance of the blue angel? I borrowed a friends Dell X30 to test with my wireless access point the other day and the range and performance where excellent. In fact the range was almost as good as my laptop! How does the Blue Angel Wi-Fi compare?

One of my mates has just got the 02 XDAIIs, and the WI-FI prefomance on that seems OK, although I cant comment specifically.

Dade seemed to rate it quite highly in his review at http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=197862&hl=

Guest markthebaggie

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I use the wifi on my MDA III every day and can get a useable signal throughout the house, even though the wireless router is in the garage and not strictly in the house at all. Occassionally, for some reason the signal strength drops and I turn the connection on and off and it seems to pick back up again. Signal does not seem as strong as on the two other PCs in the house or my laptop with a wireless card, but it is still useable and beats having to boot up a PC to quickly check emails or football news.

I think your router has a big part in the equation as well. I was using a Dell 2300 at home and even my kids PC's were having problems. I switched to a nice LinkSys and their problems were solved. I also noticed that three floors up in my home office my PDA2K signal went from a low signal to right in the middle of the reception view. I think the PDA2K has decent reception. You also need a decent router or access point signal.

I had just been reading on one of the other forums that there are problems with the wi-fi performance.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/viewtopic.php?t=13484

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think people are worrying too much about the signal bar.

I just rang a test. My router is a Netgear 802.11b router/adslmodem/WAP, it's in the upstairs spare bedroom, we have no trouble in the house unless we have 4 WiFi and 4 bluetooth devices all operating within 4 feet radius at far end of house from router, at that point one of the 4 WifI devices will give up! Personally I think thats a radio interference thing though!! Cos if you take the disconnected device to the next room, all is well! (We're talking here a desktop, 2 laptops and my XDA, hubbies bluetooth enabled phone, and two headsets around a single desk downstairs)

I took my XDA2s out into the street, and as long as I was within line of sight of my house, I got a good 30 yards down my street before it became intermitent signal, like I took one more step it went, stepped back, it came back!! Within that line of site though is also a printer which might be affecting it slightly. (We did a similar test with my husbands 3630 Ipaq and a Pcmcia wifi card when we first got the WAP and had similar results)

Certainly I have no intention of being outside in the cold using my wifi that far away very often!! And that distance definitely extends in one particularly important direction - the patio in my garden, where on summer evenings I will be wanting the Wifi!

So I'd say, based on my experiments, that I get a good 30/40 yards radius from my WAP no trouble, beyond that it'll depend what's in the way.

Hope that helps clarify some peoples concerns

Sazoo

I have been using the Wifi both at work and home and no issues... there is a slider bar that is suppost to give better performance but i have not noticed any difference.

The phone works great on wifi and is very easy to set up....