I've taken the plunge

Guest Blakey

Guest Chaser81

Havent found any Pocket PC apps that dont run on the Jam yet, even ones designed for PPC2002. They dont need to be specific to Phone Edition or anything.

Guest TigerNet

...a lot run fine after the error message on install 'this was designed for a previous version...' but some don't run at all. However, they seem to be few and far between...

Cheers

Nick

Nothing scientific in my timings here by the way but...

I took my JAM out on the hills this weekend, with Memory Map running with my BT Fortuna clip on. Was out for 4 hours and at the end of it my battery level was just over 60%. During this time I used the JAM about 7 or 8 times to check our position, or look at the map. I also took one call of about 1 minute. The backlight was on full, but set to switch off after 30 seconds. Very impressed with this battery life!

Also, for anyone interested, the BT connection is simply superb. I have my GPS dongle in my camelback on my back and my JAM in my front jacket pocket. Not a problem with them talking at all.

The trail was all out on open ground so the satelite fix was perfect throughout - no strange jumps to weird locations plotted.

That was my first effort at using MM and my JAM. I'm really impressed with the software. Have saved off my track info and my friend is going to email me the track info from last weekend's outing (he also has MM) - I'm aiming to build up a route library and a record of all our 2005 biking trips! :-)

Best thing about this: having my JAM in my pocket meant I had an OS map at hand, with built in position (GPS), plus my phone - which was useful when my GF phoned me - plus the option to switch on some music if I wanted it along the way. All in one device! The battery seems very impressive so far!

Cheers

Blakey