Guest d0pefish

you have no idea how much this has made my day. I can't wait to install it. These games are my fav games ever. sad i know, but these are what i grew up on and still to this day love this style of game.

WOO HOO!!!

When i go shoppin now with my partner i can let her do what she likes as i will have a source of entertainment! lol

Guest d0pefish

I love them too! :D I was playing Simon the Sorceror Talkie at school, my friends couldnt believe the sarcastic speech was coming from a game running on my phone! :D Damn Nokians ;)

Also guys, be aware that you can edit the ini file to customize some options that aren't (yet?) in the menu. :P

By default the mouse cursor is quite stuttery and laggy, but this is a feature, not a bug. You can tweak it to respond smoothly and quickly, like I have done. Open up the ini file in a text editor, find the "[smartphone]" section, and change the following values to the ones I have here :D

repeatTrigger=20

repeatX=3

repeatY=3

stepX1=2

stepX2=5

stepX3=7

stepY1=2

stepY2=5

stepY3=7

This should be reasonably self explanatory, just tweak it til you're happy :D It makes it much easier to control.

I also prefer to map the keys so that the joystick control the cursor instead of the keypad, and the volume up/down keys act as left/right mouse buttons. This is comfortable for me, as the screen is landscape when playing.

A simple workaround for people experiencing pieces of background graphics coming through on top of the game screen (i.e. taskbar, start menu) as if the game is "losing focus", is to press the home button right after starting PocketScumm from the Start Menu (you made your own shortcut, right? ;)) and then wait patiently for it to load up. All you are doing is switching to the homescreen before the game is fully loaded, as when you leave the start menu in the background, it seems to randomly come through the game screen into view from the background.

Check out the PocketMatrix forum for guides on how to install games with PocketScumm and compressing talkie versions of the games into MP3 to save space :), as well as for any questions you may want to ask the author!

Guest Raven001

Wow.. who would have ever thunk it? I LOVED Day of the Tentacle, Maniac Mansion, The Monkey Island series - wow! I have NO idea where any of those old disks are though -- has Lucas Arts released these classics for download yet?

really stupid question, but how do you work this. do we install the exe on the phone. then what do we do with the game? I had a quick look on the site and couldn't really find anything.

really stupid question, but how do you work this.  do we install the exe on the phone.  then what do we do with the game?  I had a quick look on the site and couldn't really find anything.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think all I did was create a new directory called PocketScumm on the Storage card and then copied Scummvn.exe to the PocketScumm directory. I then downloaded 'Flight of the Amazon Queen' ZIP file, unzipped the files and copied them to a new directory called FOTAQ.

Using Internet Explorer, run Scummvn.exe and use Add game. Go to directory where game file is stored. Use the 2,6,8,4 keys to move the cursor and right soft key as select (can double click to enter directories). Select 'choose' to show game.

The only problem I had with FOTAQ was that I couldn't find the quit option :?:

I haven't tried any other games yet.

• 11 months later...
Guest sammyd56

Nooooo! It won't work on my C550 ;) Only shows part of the screen and the cursor won't move :D I was really looking forward to playing Sam&Max! :cry:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.