Orange & Porting Numbers

Guest Joely

Hiya folks,

Save me bothering the Orange CS folks, does anyone know if its is possible to move an existing number (from Vodafone in this case) to an *existing* contract?

The Vodafone contract (which is cheap as chips anyway) ends in about 4 months, but I really want Orange back :P

As much as I'd love to buy my contract out from Vodafone, just after christmas it aint very viable :D

And the number I have with Vodafone is pretty amazing - my old (original) SPV Orange phone number was ultra naff though.

So - as I say - can your port a number to Orange mid contract?

Thank you :D

Guest mavisdavis

Yeah just call Voda up and ask for your PAC Code and when you join Orange tell them you have a PAC code and they will sort it out for ya. The only draw back is Voda is not gonna hurry to loose your custom so They let the number port after about a week. Its a pain in the arse but if ya want to goto Orange then you can wait :D

Also when you join Orange tell them how cheap your Voda contract is and they MIGHT match it. always haggle for more deals as you are a new cutomer you stand a better chance of a getting what you want l :D

Yeah just call Voda up and ask for your PAC Code and when you join Orange

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thats the thing - is it not possible to join Orange now, then later on down the line transfer my number to Orange?

Voda won't release my number for a good couple of months yet, because of a contract.

And before anyone suggests buying out the contract from Vodafone (therefore releasing me from the 12 months), it'd be miles too expensive right now :D

Guest inspectorgadjet

Hi.

I have just had the same issue come up. I decided to go with 3 for a while because of their decent tariffs, but I got so fed up with their customer services and inability to do anything without it being a nightmare that I decided to come back to Orange. I have had to wait to get PAC codes for my numbers as I needed to change down price plans, and Orange have said that I can give them the PAC code at any time. So you should be ok. 8)

Guest Chaser81

I dont know who you guys are talking to on the customer service desks but I work in a mobile phone shop and its widely known that you CANNOT port into Orange mid-contract, only at the time of connection. T-Mobile and 3 are the only networks that allow port-ins at any time.

Guest inspectorgadjet

I think you may be misinformed. I've ported numbers to and from Orange on several occasions. If you want to get the phone and don't have your PAC number yet, Orange will tell you to just call them once you get it and they will port the number over. they say the number you get with the phone will be a 'temporary' number. I've given Orange my PAC code over a month into my contract before and its been fine.

I just got two 3G phones from Orange last month and the direct sales team assured me it would be fine as 3 won't let me down to the lowest price plan for another 2 months yet.

Guest Chaser81

@inspectorgadget

It would appear you are correct dear boy, I just checked with Orange and you can port in at anytime. Learn something new everyday! :-)

@inspectorgadget

It would appear you are correct dear boy, I just checked with Orange and you can port in at anytime. Learn something new everyday! :-)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Many thanks for that Chaser (and inspectorgadget!)

I just tried to ring Orange CS and I couldn't find an option for "not quite a customer yet but I have questions!" - only for people who have Orange phones.

So I gave up hoping someone here had an answer :D

Guest inspectorgadjet

If you have questions before you buy don't bother trying to find customer services...your best bet is to just phone the direct sales line...0500802080...they're usually quite good at answering all your questions...(except about the availability of the SPV M2000....grrr) :cheesy: