Beta Player Choppy playback help

Guest gt500916

Guest gt500916

I was able to play a few movies on beta player, but for some reason they play very choppy. I dont think i lag on memory, i got about 10mb left on internal and about 950,000mb on the SD card... some of the movies i try to play stop and i get a message saying

player: Buffer size is too small for this media . Try increase it in settings for better playback!

is this in settings in in phone settings or beta player options? some advice on this ?

i have also upgraded my phone to WM2003 so im wondering if the 2003 OS makes it slower?

Guest awarner [MVP]

2003 uses more memory to run so that does not help but your problem

is more likely down to encoding.

Betaplayer plays divx avi as standard there is a guide to converting and

encoding in the Articles and FAQ sections of the site.

Guest picard_beta

The warning is about the 'normal buffer size' in settings of BetaPlayer (player subpage) which 600KB by default on smartphones.

But I guess you was tring to play much better quality movies as the phone can handle. Remeber it's computing powers are limited.

Edited by picard_beta

Guest gt500916
The warning is about the 'normal buffer size' in settings of BetaPlayer (player subpage) which 600KB by default on smartphones.

But I guess you was tring to play much better quality movies as the phone can handle. Remeber it's computing powers are limited.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

so what do you suggest? how do i lower the quality of that file or change the buffering size to be able to play those movies ?

Guest tendomentis
so what do you suggest? how do i lower the quality of that file or change the buffering size to be able to play those movies ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

MP4 technology runs quite well on the MPX200 with the latest unstable version of BetaPlayer. Best solution....a combination of VirtualDubMod and Nero Recode 2.2. That will get you the best video quality around and also reduce the framerate (which is the biggest reason for lag). The ideal framerate for video on the MPX200 is 19.98 fps. At that rate, the video doesn't look as cheap as 15fps or 12fps, but it also doesn't overwhelm the device as 23.976 fps and higher does. Using HE-AAC audio at 48kbps and 32000hz also provides superb audio quality considering the size. Using a video bitrate of [email protected] and and audio bitrate of 48kbps@32000hz, I got Shrek 2 (duplicated from my own personal copy of course) down to 138 MB. Plays and sounds beautiful.

Hope this helps.

Guest gt500916
MP4 technology runs quite well on the MPX200 with the latest unstable version of BetaPlayer. Best solution....a combination of VirtualDubMod and Nero Recode 2.2. That will get you the best video quality around and also reduce the framerate (which is the biggest reason for lag). The ideal framerate for video on the MPX200 is 19.98 fps. At that rate, the video doesn't look as cheap as 15fps or 12fps, but it also doesn't overwhelm the device as 23.976 fps and higher does. Using HE-AAC audio at 48kbps and 32000hz also provides superb audio quality considering the size. Using a video bitrate of [email protected] and and audio bitrate of 48kbps@32000hz, I got Shrek 2 (duplicated from my own personal copy of course) down to 138 MB. Plays and sounds beautiful.

Hope this helps.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

how do i change the the rate of the video can i do it through the phone or would i have to use a movie editing program to do that? and what program you used to put the movie on your phone?

• 3 weeks later...
how do i change the the rate of the video can i do it through the phone or would i have to use a movie editing program to do that? and what program you used to put the movie on your phone?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

try using Smartmovie Video converter by lonely cats games, it converts dvd, vcd movies to playable format for you smartphone directly and really fast. good quality video and good quality sounds. best converter i've ever used. it is really designed for symbians like nokia but works very well with microsoft smartphones.