Virtual Pool Mobile Smartphone Beta is here

Guest vpmobile

Guest Jamma14
Ouch, that was an ugly one!

Thanks for finding it.

Cheers,

jb

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No probs keep up the good work! Great game, just wish I had any money to buy it... :D

Guest vpmobile
Is it available to buy yet? i keep searching on Handango

You said at the latest Monday 24th :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

eh, maybe that is more like Monday the 31st. :oops:

Handango just gave us the go ahead and now we are seeing some problems with lockups on C500 units after the display powers off. I'd really like to get that fixed before we launch.

Guest simonbratt99

anyone know how to remove the demo completly so i can have another go at it. er im addicted. and theres no BUY option yet, so i dont see this should be a problem. eh eh

thanks

Guest xenophobe

Great game... I've had time to play this a bit more... one thing I noticed, was that when I was switching from "move view" to "move ball" and then changing back, sometimes it would not update my current view status... like being in move view mode, while it actually displays move ball mode.

Minor, but thought I'd mention it. Impressive. I'll most likely be buying this once it is considered final.

Guest vpmobile

Yes, hopefully we fixed that problem.

The game has been released and should be posted on Handango late this PM or early Sat AM. Of course, Handango could bungle something up and not fix it until Monday... but hopefully that want happen.

Thanks again for all the testing and comments.

Great game... I've had time to play this a bit more...  one thing I noticed, was that when I was switching from "move view" to "move ball" and then changing back, sometimes it would not update my current view status... like being in move view mode, while it actually displays move ball mode.

Minor, but thought I'd mention it.  Impressive.  I'll most likely be buying this once it is considered final.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I dont know what i do wrong, but when i install the game (on phone mem of storage card) the game hangs at the start menu.

Could that be because my phone is not unlokcked?

I cant get the trail to work :-(

Guest Disco Stu

If it was a software lock problem you wouldn't have been able to install the trial at all.

My guess is that you don't have enough phone memory to run the game.

You need to install it to the storage card and then restart the phone to clear up enough phone memory. Next time you play the game check with Task Manager that you don't have other programs running in the background.

Thank you Disco Stu,

I tried it exactly as you said. Still same problem.

It runs until ingame menu (career mode etc).

From there i can go down one step (quick play). Thats it. Cant do anything then. It just hangs.

I start the game with 9,348 KB memory and i have 20 MB free when in check info. Just cant figure it out.

When i play minigolf, it runs verry smooth.. No problems there.

I have a Dutch Orange SVP 500.

Edited by yoy

Guest vpmobile

Ah, yes... the Dutch ROM. We have fixed this problem, so the released version will not hang.

I must say that in 20 years of game development expeirence, I've never seen a company screw up so badly on the implementation of such a simple API like GAPI. The just didn't get it wrong, but wrong in multiple ways and multiple times. The final release version of our game will also include a GDI render mode, for those phones that are GAPI challenged.

Thank you Disco Stu,

I tried it exactly as you said. Still same problem.

It runs until ingame menu (career mode etc).

From there i can go down one step (quick play). Thats it. Cant do anything then. It just hangs.

I start the game with 9,348 KB memory and i have 20 MB free when in check info. Just cant figure it out.

When i play minigolf, it runs verry smooth.. No problems there.

I have a Dutch Orange SVP 500.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest vpmobile
I love this game - is the release still on for Monday?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I sure hope so. Everything is done, we are just waiting on them to pull the trigger. This *should* happen Monday... of course, that would be Monday, West Coast US time.

Guest Phil Lee

I think I'll hold out until we find out what's happened to the promised discount. I can't see anyway of buying it other than for $19.95 at the moment :D

(sorry bout the link)

Was the discount promised only for beta people?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can't really remember... and frankly I'm to lazy to read back the 8 pages of this thread :D