How do I sync a folder?

Guest slamming_sammy1

Guest slamming_sammy1

Hi all,

I did this when I had a pocket pc using active sync some time ago, so I assume this can be done using a smartphone as well.

I could drag a file on my desktop onto a folder designated to be synched with my pocket pc. how do I do that with a smartphone? It could very well be the same procedure, then my quesion would be, what is this folder (on my desktop) called? where can I find it?

thanks in advance!

- Sammy

Guest Confucious

I'd never heard of DooSoft or MobSync. It says it's for CE devices only but it works fine with the Smartphone.

Nice one danvy - Thanks :D

You learn something every day.

What OS are you using? XP unzips it OK.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Am on XP but neither the built-in nor Stuffit works. Gives me a corrupted file error message. Downloaded the .zip file again, same problem.

Guest Confucious

What size is the zip file you downloaded - mine is 1528Kb. Had no problems unzipping it with XP

I would post it here but not sure about the lagality of posting soomeomne elses software - would a Mod please let me know if this is acceptable?

What size is the zip file you downloaded - mine is  1528Kb. Had no problems unzipping it with XP

I would post it here but not sure about the lagality of posting soomeomne elses software - would a Mod please let me know if this is acceptable?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmm, mine is 104 KB. It's name MobSync093.zip. Strange, let me try one more time downloading it.

• 1 month later...
Guest lighthouse82

argh, i'm scared, i don't understand a word of that website!!

can one of you guys explain what the program does? i've just DLed ver0.9.4 from the site. does it replace Active Sync or just do file syncronisation? :-k

cheers :D

Guest Confucious
argh, i'm scared, i don't understand a word of that website!!

can one of you guys explain what the program does? i've just DLed ver0.9.4 from the site. does it replace Active Sync or just do file syncronisation? :-k

cheers :D

You mean you don't speak Japanese! :shock:

I don't actually use it, I just downloaded it and tried it the once and it worked. it didn't replace ActiveSync and just did folder Sync - I believe you need ActiveSync to connect to do the folder sync IIRC.

Good Luck ;)

Guest lighthouse82

ok thanks confucious, it seems to work.

i have made a folder on pc desktop and put all my notepad files in it, it syncs with a similar folder on C500 for use with orneta notepad. it's quite diifficult to decipher the engrish but i think i've got there.

EDIT: ok, now i've got 4 folders syncing: photos, videos, notes and voice notes. very nice.

however: is anyone else getting a phantom Programs folder appearing in the start menu? i delete it and yet it reappears again!! :x it's only just started so i wonder if it's because of MobSync?

maybe i should rename my Accessories folder to Programs and be done with it. :roll:

Edited by lighthouse82