The stars and their Sidekick II...

Guest grumpy_old_technobyte

Guest grumpy_old_technobyte

According to every news service (and their lapdogs) all the stuff the rich, famous and beutiful movie stars were uploading to the Sidekick server from their plastic phones was hacked the whole time. At first it made me laugh, seeing magazine pics and Tmobile commercials of stars "pimpin" these silly hunks of toy plastic around like it was cool or something. Even my grandkids GB Advance looked more sophisiticated than a Sidekick.

They should have been pimpin Windows Mobile the whole time. Trying to showoff a Sidekick really shows how detached these stars are from the real world of tech and go for the trendy worthless phones. They should have been showcasing Treo's 600/650's at the least.

Guest Disco Stu

I haven't seen this rubbish but am very glad that so-called slebs are not being used to sell our beloved Smartphones. I for one would not be carrying something endorsed by David Beckham or Margaret from TV's Driving School (or whatever..)

:evil:

Be like Coventry's Disco Stu. Get a C500. Live the dream !

Hmmm..that might work

Guest philgriffiths

I have to say that i'd agree with Stu on this one. Personally the one thing that is a big negative for me when it comes to the C500 is that because you can get it for free on contract there will be too many of them about and i'm the sad type who likes their phones to be a bit rarer

Guest Disco Stu

That's a terrible thing to admit Phil, but it would be nice for the hoi polloi to admit that, yes, we are right. :D

Then again if Smartphones become the phone du jour we'll have to find something else to be snooty about :D

Guest Gorskar

Well as they are a mass market phone on Orange thats what most people will use them for.

If you show your mate using an identical c500 how your phone has a groovy theme, can play games like worms, eclipse and skyforce, and can help you find your way from A to B with mapopolis, then once again their jaw will drop :D

(and of course when they ask how you found about all this cool stuff, just point them here :D )

Guest Chaser81

It actually makes me want a phone LESS if lots of people have got it. Thats why I love my Jam at the moment, because its not widely available. Makes me feel special!! :D/

Guest Disco Stu

Gimme some time. Got a lot of reading to do first !

Where are they ? I ordered it over an hour ago....It's not like they have to make it or anything...

Guest Pondrew
Have you ordered it yet Stu? If so I bet you cant wait for it to arrive!! Welcome to the club!Ā  =D>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm feeling that left out I'm tempted to buy one right now on my nightshift!

Probably just as well Expansys is blocked...

Guest philgriffiths
It actually makes me want a phone LESS if lots of people have got it. Thats why I love my Jam at the moment, because its not widely available. Makes me feel special!!Ā  :P/

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thats what i meant in my earlier post. (It seems you can't get much more rare than the M2000 at the minute :D ) This is the reason that when i choose to buy a second phone, thats a touch smaller than my M2000 it won't be the C500, simply becuase i see too many folk with them. At the moment i'm hovereing between an SP3i, a Neonode N1, or possibly a Jam. Within a month of seeing someon with an original SPV my got swiftly upgraded to an E200, and merely days after i say another E200 i got shot of that too... Now i say it i feel so vein!

In reply to what Stu said about showing people what can really be done with these phones with a little application or two your so right. Its painful to see them not being used to their full potential, but i generally start being treated like some kind of lunatic when I say the word MoDaCo.

...you still not joined us Disco Stu???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is beginning to sound like something from the X-Files :D

Guest Disco Stu
This is beginning to sound like something from the X-FilesĀ  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I ordered a Jam last night and now my eyes have turned black.. :evil:

• 3 weeks later...