Opera Web Browser

Guest KennethV

Guest KennethV

I installed Opera Web Browser for Windows Mobile yesterday, and it was fully functional..

..Till today. Now I have this problem that nothing happens when pushing the navigation button, when pointing at Opera Browser.

I have removed and reinstalled it three times now - same result; nothing happens when clicking it.

Has anyone else had this problem, or does anyone have the problem? Please help me fixing it, if you can.

- The phone is the SPV C500

Thanks in advance!

Guest KennethV

No, not like that problem. I can't open Opera Web Browser - nothing happens when clicking the icon in the Start Menu. I can go on and on for hours, nothing happens.

Really irritating because it's a damn good browser for the smartphone (worked one day for me...),

but I just can't open it :D

Edited by KennethV

I've noticed a problem whereby if Opera is ran and then closed you will not be able to run it again until you reboot your smartphone (turn off/on again). Maybe this is your problem?

I think this may happen if you close Opera using something such as XBar or any program that can forcefully close a running app or process. I havn't paid much attention to what I was doing before noticing I couldn't get Opera to start again though, so it's possible that it's caused by something else.

C500 here too.

I've had problems when closing my phone with Opera still in memory. When I open the phone, Opera will not come to the foreground or load again. As long as I exit Opera from the menu, it works fine. I'd like to be able to leave it loaded but it uses a lot of memory, so I have to close it anyway.

Guest Sogarth

Just a suggestion. Go get the Binarys Task Manager here, and then first check screen 1 (the Applications screen). If it's not listed there, go to the screen 2 (the Processes screen), and you should see Opera running still. Kill it forcefully, and then you should be able to launch Opera again.

If that doesn't work, reboot your phone, and that'll definitely work. :D