Freezing and Caller ID

Guest simondenney

Guest simondenney

Hi there,

I have a couple of problems with my Orange SPV C500 phone that I need advice on guys...

1) I've had the phone for less than a month and the handset's frozen up on me 4 times which is becoming irritating! The only obvious way to gain usage of the phone again is to take out and put in the battery again but I can't keep doing this. Could this be a software fault? I have the most updated software (version 4.1.1.4) so downloading updated software won't help... Any ideas?

2) The Caller ID function is very temprimental. One minute someone will call me and their assigned photo will come up when they call. Yet the next minute someone else (also with an assigned photo) will call and the standard screen will come up (i.e. as if they have no assigned photo). Any ideas?

If anyone has any advice on how to solve these problems I would be very grateful.

Thanks...

Simon

Guest Disco Stu

Welcome to the forum :D

1. This is usually caused by the phone memory getting overfull/ Make sure you install apps & games to the storage card and use Task Manager to keep an eye on the memory level. The phone needs rebooting every now and then to keep it fresh and leave space for programs to work in.

2. Annoying, isn't it ?! It will show the assigned photo eventually...