Audiovox SMT 5600----CLICK HERE AND HELP

Guest i_oWn_u

Guest Confused Stu

Hi there dude. There are already several threads covering the dust under screen issue, here are links to two if they help:

Are they still getting dust problems?

Dust on the screen

Basically, you've four options:

1 - Shout at Orange Customer Service, who will not help you. ](*,)

2 - Contact HTC, pay them about £15, send them your phone and they'll get it back to new. There is no guarantee the dust won't return. HTC's website

3 - Take it apart yourself and remove the dust (instructions for doing that are in both above posts). This WILL invalidate your warranty!

4 - Live with it and try to ignore it.

I personally chose number 3 because I tried number 1, got angry, and then stripped it down before I heard of option 2. I am enjoying my padded cell, in case anyone's interested! :twisted:

Guest Confused Stu

Potentially right. It will bring the phone back to the state that you originally received it in - i.e. dust free and nice and shiny! The dust will then come back, the same as it did after you first bought it.

I have heard that HTC have been amending the screen seal on problems ones it receives back, but so far I've only heard this from a couple of people whose phones then got dusty again anyway so I don't know if it's true or even any use.

Any SMT owners out there who've successfully returned their phones? If so, how've you got on since?

Guest i_oWn_u

maybe they don't know what there talkin about, but i heard a couple of people say that once you unscrew the screw to take apart your phone you can't put it back?

Guest jleecong

HTC fixes the C500.

Audiovox fixes the SMT-5600.

Audiovox provides a 1 year warranty from date of purchase, unless you do not know that information they can use the release date. Since the phone hasn't been out a year they will warranty it.

I went threw every step but calling in and getting my RMA # as I have no land line and can't be without a phone for a week. Soon I will get a spare and send mine in. Till then all I can say is call Audiovox and get a RMA number.

This was the email I received in responce to my problem.

"Please call us at 1(800)229-1235 and speak with a rep from our Warranty Department if you would like to send the phone to us to be serviced, and get an RMA.

You will need to ask a rep from that dept. how long this will take.

We will repair the unit you send us, and return it to you when the repair/service is completed."

Edited by jleecong

Guest jleecong
i bought if off ebay they will still take it right?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Since the phone can be no more than 4 months old and has a 1 year warranty yes, unless you removed the cover yourself or did something else to void the warranty.

Audiovox was very nice when I contacted them. Just say you purchased the unit from a friend, however long ago, and have now started having problems with dust under the screen.

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2...TWirelessPR.asp

"Oct. 12, 2004 -- Today at the Digital Entertainment Anywhere launch event, Microsoft Corp. and Audiovox Communications Corp., a majority-owned subsidiary of Audiovox Corp., and AT&T Wireless introduced the smallest Microsoft® Windows Mobile -based Smartphone in North America -- the Audiovox SMT5600."

Just in case they give you some crap it was release 10/12/04 they must at least offer a warranty on any 5600 till 10/12/05.

Edited by jleecong

• 2 weeks later...