How bored am I?

Guest Pondrew

Guest Pondrew

That's right folks I'm sitting here very tired, 3/4 way through my second night shift (only two more to go, joy of joys). I'm just delighted I've got MoDaCo to keep me company. Especially as it's often blocked here at work.

Don't know if many of you are often required to work nights in an office, but if you are then you probably know of the boredom and clock watching involved. That and the caffeine. Caffeine (or Red Bull which of course includes caffeine) is invaluable in the fight against tiredness. Just a shame that boredom and being wired don't mix very well!

Ho hum... only 1hr 10mins to go...

... 1hr 9mins now. :|

Guest Chaser81

Ahhh.... Night shifts. Not something I have to do yet but will have to if I get my new job! Cant say I am looking forward to them, but then, I dont suppose they are that bad if you can keep yourself occupied. My Dad does night work all the time and he takes his portable DVD player with him. I reckon he gets through 4-5 DVDs a night!

Guest TigerNet

...I know it's a silly point, but I thought the point of running a night shift was to actually get some work done!!! If everyone's just watching DVDs, what's the point of the shift???

LOL

Guest Chaser81

Lets be honest, when most people are at work, they spend most of the day trying to get out of doing work!! Cant imagine its so different for the night shift!

Guest Pondrew

Good point TigerNet, and probably usually so, but my "work" is to be here in case needed, rather then having to get through any particular workload. Last night was pretty typical in that it was very quiet. I was glad to have the nightwork to do but even so 10hours is a long time and I'd finished my work when I posted.

As I said, I'm just glad MoDaCo is there to ensure I have something to distract me now that we're not even allowed a radio!

Guest Pondrew

Yep, sounds like you know exactly what it's like Awarner. Well, here I am again and as my post count this morning shows it's even quieter tonight then last night!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest FrankyG
Lets be honest, when most people are at work, they spend most of the day trying to get out of doing work!! Cant imagine its so different for the night shift!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

..and people are surprised that large companies choose NOT to bring work to the UK... :roll:

..and people are surprised that large companies choose NOT to bring work to the UK...  :roll:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

bah that was out of order, the guys already explained that he was only there in case needed, im an enginneer and sometimes we are rushed off our feet and others we are not, we have to be there because if sumthin did go wrong we would be the only people who could fix it.

Plus there are plenty of large companys in the UK :D

Guest kurtfhouse

I know exactly how you feel Pondrew, I have to do nights sometimes where I am there 'in case needed' and they are 12 hours nights running from 1900 to 0700. On a normal shift the last time I am needed is around 2300 so thats 8 hours of sitting on my own killing time, usually on the web watching a film on my mobile and from timne to time even spinning in my chair! :-)