Virtuoffice's new Camera enabled HomeScreen Plugin

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul [MVP]

Skin guru Kleinweder has alerted me to the fact that Virtuoffice have launched a new Homescreen plugin.

What It Is

PhotoPlug is a home screen plugin for Windows Mobile 2003 Smartphones (specifically camera phones, though it will work fine as a display device on others). PhotoPlug allows your phone to display your photo album on your device's home screen. It also makes it convenient to take pictures with your camera phone by linking the action button with your phone's camera application.

It's pretty cool and you'll find yourself using your phone's camera way more often. It just makes your phone more enjoyable to use.

Very cool!

Here's their screenshot of it in action...

post-1-1105958536_thumb.jpg

And of course Kleinweder himself has been playing with it already, and has a homescreen already featuring it...

post-1-1105958571_thumb.gif

Head over to http://www.virtuoffice.com and get downloading, and over to http://smartphone.kleinweder.ch for Kleinweder's excellent homescreens :D

P

I've tried it, works nicely. 8)

I'll use it when the full release is available that can use pics from the Storage Card. At the moment it will only use pics from internal storage, and I try to keep that as empty as possible to free up working memory.

Guest chucky.egg
I've tried it, works nicely.  8)

I'll use it when the full release is available that can use pics from the Storage Card. At the moment it will only use pics from internal storage, and I try to keep that as empty as possible to free up working memory.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Where did you download the Homescreen from? I can't see it on Klwdr's site.

Or did you make your own? (In which case how about posting it so we can try it out quickly?)

:D

Guest Al Cool

Hello,

It works and rocks on SPVe200 !

How specify the directory to a folder with only the jpg we want to have on that homescreen ?... cause it show more that i want (pics already installed on the SPVe200)...

Any suggestion ?

Works great on the C500 too :D

It took me a while to realise that it periodically cycles through the pictures when you're not using the phone. I originally thought it was just a manual slideshow :D

Anyone having difficulty with this on a C500? I installed it yesterday, and all was good. But today, I had changed my homescreen back to my MacOsX theme, and when I looked at the phone after a while, it was sitting with the kleinweiders photo theme on the screen - and I hadn't touched it. Later today I looked at the phone & it had a blank screen with the 'no valid homescreens' error. Having uninstalled the photo plugin my homescreen has been behaving as normal.

Guest bradmatejo

Doesn't seem to be working on my mpx200 with wm2003. The homescreen shows fine (except that some of the text is nearly impossible to read, i.e. black on dark grey) but there are no pics showing...

Also, Klein, can you provide that dreamy pic of Ashley Judd for everyone?

Edited by bradmatejo

Hmmm, I cant get the kleinweder version to work. The screen appears nicely however the field where the picture should appear is blank. What have I done wrong, has done a hard reset today because it didnt worked yesterday, so now I have done that for no purpose.

I have a C500 running the danish software which means it has not been updated since the launch of the phone.

Did you add any pictures ?

If you would like to have it perfect (like me) you can put all your favorite photos with the size 130 x 98 into "My Documents/slideshow" (you will need to create the "slideshow"-folder first).

I actually just took a few jpeg (160*120) photos using the camera and then copied the images to the Storage/My Documents/slideshow folder. The photo quality might have been better if I had cropped or rescaled the pictures to 130x98 but I'll probably give that a go later on :D

Hmmm, thats very strange, when I try virtuaoffices version of this homescreen t shows the opictures nicely, but kleinweders version does not show anything. Does anyone know what the problem could be?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.