1Gb miniSD for C500 found for £119.99!

Guest wez_p

just thought i'd let people know about this bargain i found today whilst looking for a 1Gb miniSD card

not many places stocking them at the moment, including anywhere on Ebay!

MobyMemory.com

also offer same day shipping if you order before 3pm (not included in the price), offer 5 year warranty and an SD adapter with it

they were most helpful on the phone & also provide some good FAQs and forums for any help etc MobyMemory forum

Guest chucky.egg

There are a few threads dealing with this already

Last time I checked they were offering card readers at additional cost, not included in the £119 price

There are a few threads dealing with this already

Last time I checked they were offering card readers at additional cost, not included in the £119 price

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ah hadn't spotted them but wasn't sure where to post it either! i believe the SD adapter comes free with the card but the additional cost is for a USB 2.0 mini SD card reader

Guest chucky.egg

Wez_p

Yeah, you're right - sorry, I was getting the two things confused.

The SD adaptor turns it into a normal 1Gb SD card, and does come with it

...do we know if the MoDaCo Shop price matches?? I would rather buy from them if possible...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

there was a question asked here in the Modaco shop forum http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=198909 but none of the moderators or anyone answered which is why i went with the massively cheaper alternative at MobyMemory

i'm not having a go at Modaco or anything but i would have expected them to have tried to provide the cheapest options available to their userbase and not let something like this be so obviously cheaper elsewhere - then again, i don't know anything about their costs/profit margins etc etc, but i am a potential customer who is going to look for the best deal available

Guest chucky.egg

I asked the question "Why should we buy from the shop" a while back - I think most of us would buy there if the prices were competitive and there was something in it for Modaco.

Never got an answer, so I'm guessing that there really is no connection, other than Modaco let The Shop have greater access and marketing to the Modaco users.

[EDIT]

Apparently I did get an answer, but the email notification might have been lost or something.

Paul's answer to the relationship between The Shop and MoDaCo

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=...ndpost&p=480110

Interesting quotes from Paul in that comment:

I want to drive volumes by being the best price in the market bar none
if you see a better deal for the same item, then go for it.... but I really think we have best price / service etc

Paul does ask for constructive criticism/comments on how it can be improved, so maybe, now The Shop has been going a couple of months, we need to give him that so he can help improve things.

[/EDIT]

Edited by chucky.egg