Windows Media Player 10 Petition

Guest davidhorn

Here is some information for those having a hard time understanding why many users need the updated media player:

Windows Media Player 10 Mobile includes many improvements:

* Better support for playlists

* Support for a library

* Support for better syncing in Windows Media Player 10 (on Windows XP)

* Support for album art images

* Support for skins

* Support for PhotoStory 3 (WMP9 only does PhotoStory 2)

* Support for MP3 ring tones in the OS (yes, finally!)

* Support for other codecs provided by the manufacturer (could be MPEG-4 etc)

Windows Media Player 9 on the Smartphone is hard to use when having many MP3 albums on a memory card. There is no support for playlists, a library or even folder browsing. All songs are in one long user unfriendly list!

I've tried BetaPlayer and other players. I still prefer WMP.

Since WMP10 Mobile is tied to the OS there is no stand alone installer. A ROM update is needed. Just like there is no stand alone installer for .NET Compact Framework service packs.

Edited by Pennan

I would also like a WMP10 update just to get the auto-sync feature - why should I pay for an iPod Shuffle when my C500 could do the same thing?! I'm sure it would help Orange shift a few more phones so it's in their best interests!

Guest celica1.8st

If you read my post about Media Player 10, you will see I have tried the files on the c500 with no luck - I have also given instructions showing how to decode the nbf update files

But anyway - yes I would like to add my vote for mp10 on the c500 - orange really should get their finger out

• 2 weeks later...
Guest theend2204

We are a majority, the functions of wmp10 on a c500 are the last of orange's worrys the c550 might have it but then again that phones been removed from the handsets in review section on the internal orange intranet so you can bet that has some serious issues, i have never seen that happen

Guest cold_fire

I don't think that WMP 10 will change too much. Beta player is far better in my opinion it "knows" how to play a wide range of files and it has better codecs , so i do not really care about MP10 !!! :shock:

Guest Pondrew
We are a majority, the functions of wmp10 on a c500 are the last of orange's worrys the c550 might have it but then again that phones been removed from the handsets in review section on the internal orange intranet so you can bet that has some serious issues, i have never seen that happen

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Isn't that exactly what happened to the MPX220?

I'm willing to bet we will see the C550 in some form or other.

Edited by Pondrew

Guest Leaskovski

It isn't going to happen because orange are a bunch of spack heads that couldn't care less what the customers have to say about them. I would personally be happy to be able to initiate a voice dial with my BT headset when the device is keypad locked, but it isn't going to happen because 1) I don't know if MS has ever sorted the issue, and 2) Orange won't bother releasing a rom because they are spack heads!

Guest XiXora

yes you could technically ( i think unless they use different radio frequency i dont know ) but i dont think they have released an upgrade rom

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ALEXSPV

Take my vote as well !!!

I can't believe Orange didn't gave us what we wanted.

Windows Mediapler Mobile 10 ... looks better :exclaim:

I'm thinking about returning my phone and ask for a phone with the mediaplayer I wanted.

I will post my reactions soon.

:arrow:

(I'll put you on hold... one moment please)

Music tune : "You know you can't always get what you want ?"

for the Dutch 1200 information number

:D

post-115241-1111967584_thumb.gif