New ROM for iMate SP3

Guest smartphone-web.com

Guest smartphone-web.com

There is a new updated rom available for the HTC Typhoon based iMate SP3 on clubimate.com

The main improvements from the original Operating System, 1.2.33.11, are:

- The Tao Group Java Client is now included

- With the wired headset, you can now reject an incoming call by pressing and holding the “answer” button for 2 seconds

- With the wired headset, you can now answer a call that is waiting whilst you are in another call by tapping the “answer” button

- Polyphonic MIDI ringtones are now supported

Here are some additional comments they have on their site under the info mentioned above:

Corrections:

The Gaming API (GAPI) problem of flickering games when played in Full Screen has been fixed

The Gaming API (GAPI) problem of screen freeze has been fixed.

The voice and data call handling software has been updated to improve stability

The camera auto-exposure has been corrected so that the picture will not “white-out” in bright conditions

T9 improvements for Activesync email, Internet Explorer and the symbol table

T9 Portuguese included by default in the operating system

Improved cursor control and multikey press

There are improvements in menu translations for Italian, Turkish, French and Portuguese users

USSD services have been upgraded

**edit: whoops, looks like there is already another thread discussing this: http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=199244&hl=

Edited by yoos

Guest dc_demand

I came along the following website:

Link

Would you guys recon' it's possible for an audiovox user to back up his rom that way, and have it installed on a SPV C500/Imate-SP3 ?

Roderick

Guest xandercom
You can't.

Check the forum rules about requesting illegal copies of software.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is it illigal to have the rom from a different manufacturer then?

Guest TheDiggia

I've just installed it on my I-mate SP3 but i've seen that WMP 10 is not included in the upgrade.....but in the Qtek 8010 upgrade the WMP 10 is included :cry:

Guest BennyBoy

I think what was meant was that it is against this sites' rules to have the rom upgrades posted here for public download. As for "illegally" posessing the rom upgrades from other manufactures.....Hell i've got them all! :D

P.S. As mentioned above by "TheDiggia" WMP10 is not included in the Qtek 8010 upgrade - they are still stuck with WMP9 aswell.

Edited by BennyBoy

• 1 month later...
Guest hons148

I think what was meant was that it is against this sites' rules to have the rom upgrades posted here for public download. As for "illegally" posessing the rom upgrades from other manufactures.....Hell i've got them all! :D

Hi,

I'm new to this and I would like to change the firmware on my orange spv c500 to sp3 firmware. Can you tell me if this is possible?

Guest cubik
I'm new to this and I would like to change the firmware on my orange spv c500 to sp3 firmware. Can you tell me if this is possible?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Entirely possible. All you need is this link, a Paypal account, a spare 20 quid, and a link to somewhere that has an SP3 Rom.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.