Sony Vaio UGN-750p

Guest Chaser81

Guest Gorskar

They've had a fully working windows PC in a case the size of a VHS cassette since 1997 - the toshiba libretto. http://www.amherst.co.uk/libretto

Shame you cant get them outside of Japan (or old ones off ebay)

One of my mates got one, and it was running windows XP ok (despite the slow processor)

He since formatted it and put linux on it though :D

A guy I used to work with got one of the Toshiba Librettos, must have been 6 years ago, and to this day, I regret not getting one.

It was a lovely bit of kit, and not too expensive either, if I remember correctly.

Guest Mike Wagstaff

I have a Libretto 100. It might be getting on a bit, but it's still an absolutely superb piece of kit that still works wonderfully.

And it runs Sensible World of Soccer beautifully... :D

Guest TigerNet

I am using the Sony Vaio U70 (similar to the one above...it not only has full XP Pro, but WiFi built in...then added a bluetooth CF card...literally a pocket sized PC...

Guest Alex_le_brit

Or one of these ?

40.jpg

WIFI, Bluetooth Win XP touch screen and keyboard, it only needs an aerial and it would be everything you ever wanted. Oh if only I could win the lotto

Edited by Alex_le_brit

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TigerNet

...which Vaio?? I have used several models and like them a lot...if you have specific questions, let me know and I'll try to answer - as will others here...

Cheers

Nick

Guest TigerNet

I really like the U70, but it depends what you want to do with it...I do not use it as my main laptop, but more as an 'occasional' when I am only going to be using pen input...otherwise I have to carry all the 'bits and pieces' with me which I find a pain.

My main laptop is the Vaio TR1MP which has everything built in to one small package...so if I am wanting to type/use the cd/DVD tray, I would use that one...

...what do you want to use it for???

Cheers

Nick

Guest ShaneBoyd

I would be using it as an "around the house" type of laptop for a variety of different activities, nothing really special though. I wouldn't be toting it out of the house all that often. Every now and then, that would be the case, but not all the time. Do you think it would be good for my purposes?

Guest Chaser81

Mate of mine has the Sharp M1110 (Discontinued I think now) but its TINY!!! Less than a centimetre thick and it weighs next to NOTHING. Only downside is no CD-ROM or FDD, but it has WiFi built in. Was very impressed with its size.