'Stuck' Diary Notification LED

Guest pokecheck42

Guest pokecheck42

Has anyone else got this problem...?

I have an O2 XDA IIs version of the Blue Angel. When I receive a 'Diary Event' (appointment reminder etc) the Red Notification light flashes as it is meant to, however, when I cancel/dismiss/snooze/delete the actual diary event, the only thing that will stop the Red LED from flashing is a soft reset (actually, I assume a hard reset would also work, but that's by-the-by)

Thoughts...?

Cheers, Ian

Edited by pokecheck42

Has anyone else got this problem...?

I have an O2 XDA IIs version of the Blue Angel. When I receive a 'Diary Event' (appointment reminder etc) the Red Notification light flashes as it is meant to, however, when I cancel/dismiss/snooze/delete the actual diary event, the only thing that will stop the Red LED from flashing is a soft reset (actually, I assume a hard reset would also work, but that's by-the-by)

Thoughts...?

Cheers, Ian

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've an XDAIIs too and I've also noticed this, but I assumed it's because my number of minutes for light to flash hadnt expired yet. In your Sounds and Notifications setting, you can set how long things are to flash for (if at all!) for various system notifications.

I suspect that what's happening is that it's firing the "flash for 5 mins" instruction, I'm checking my message/calender/whatever at 2 mins, it still flashes for a while longer... I have noticed it does EVENTUALLY go away, without a soft reset on mine.

Guest raiderz

I upgraded my phone recently to a newer ROM and i've noticed the right hand LED turns to flashing red when a Wifi connection is present, which didn't change when it was on the original 1.12.00WWE ROM.

Can anyone who has a original M2000 from Orange with the 1.12.00WWE Rom please tell me if i'm just seeing things and it flashes red on that Rom as well!

Guest pokecheck42
I've an XDAIIs too and I've also noticed this, but I assumed it's because my number of minutes for light to flash hadnt expired yet.  In your Sounds and Notifications setting, you can set how long things are to flash for (if at all!) for various system notifications. 

I suspect that what's happening is that it's firing the "flash for 5 mins" instruction, I'm checking my message/calender/whatever at 2 mins, it still flashes for a while longer... I have noticed it does EVENTUALLY go away, without a soft reset on mine.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OK, that makes some kind of sense, however I'd have thought that whoever designed the software would have thunked enough to have it self-cancel when the event causing the reminder has been acted upon IYSWIM...

• 4 weeks later...
OK, that makes some kind of sense, however I'd have thought that whoever designed the software would have thunked enough to have it self-cancel when the event causing the reminder has been acted upon IYSWIM...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You would have thought so.

I'm now not entirely sure if I was right, I went away for a couple weeks, when I got back and turned phone back on I had 1SMS and several Emails, all set to flash the light. read everything, but the light was still on HOURS later. The next morning it did eventually clear itself, but I think there might very well be a bug there. Even going with (NumberOfNewItems*MinutesToFlashFor) it still went on beyond when it should.

Most odd.

Will be doing a hard reset today/tomorrow to clear out some other stuff that I'm trying to get rid off so will keep an eye on it after that. it may be the intrusion of another app.

At the moment I've installed

Netfront 3.1 (been uninstalled but still some settings kicking around)

Resco File Explorer (had a trial, will probably buy the full version when I've rebuilt)

Battery Pack Pro

Fonix Voice Dial (came free with phone, then took over my voice recording button on the side of phone - even though that was programmed to something else so removing that one too)

AOL IM

ZIP tools (came free with phone - havent really needed it yet but think it'll be useful)

GPRS Monitor Tools - interesting, but not really worth having on your today screen.

Will update you on my new 3rd party app list if it's OK after the fresh installs.

Guest martinwcooper

Yep, same here. It's probably the most annoying thing about an otherwise relatively bug-free phone.

I have it set to flash the red light for an unlimited time whenever I get an SMS or missed call, but it should clear it when I have viewed it. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. It always does eventually, but it can take ages if it pleases.

It's really quite a pain because the whole point of the feature is that I can glance at my phone on my desk and immediately see if I have any new messages or missed calls without having to turn it on to have look.

If anyone finds a solution, I'm sure we'd all be very grateful!