Bluetooth Stero Headphones!

Guest phillyjaq

Guest phillyjaq

Just got this today. Been playing with it for a little while and it's great!!!

Works with my SMT 5600, the dongle is in my Dell DJ! Can switch back and forth between the two. Listen to music, answer the phone... Killer device!

Guest Disco Stu

I've been looking at these.

So calm down and give us the skinny :D

Easy to use with your Smartphone ?

Do you need to plug anything into your phone ?

Sound quality good ?

Comfortable ?

Guest phillyjaq
I've been looking at these.

So calm down and give us the skinny  :D

Easy to use with your Smartphone ?

Do you need to plug anything into your phone ?

Sound quality good ?

Comfortable ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Let me work with it for a couple days, and I'll post a review....

Guest TigerNet

...I picked up the iTech ones from an Orange shop (mighty surprised I was too!!!) for £49.99...ask for the bluetooth media player headset...the staff were not aware of it's existance even though it was on display in the glass case...

Cheers

Nick

...trouble with these is that they are too big and chunky...I've just gotten a set from iTech here http://www.itechdynamic.com/html/products.htm which work fine...yoou can even have them hard wired to your iPod and receive calls from your phone via bluetooth...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think the most interesting question is: How is the sound quality (playing music)? Say, compared to using decent regular headphones?

Guest phillyjaq
I think the most interesting question is: How is the sound quality (playing music)? Say, compared to using decent regular headphones?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've been using mine for about a week now. Sound quality is good, both for the stereo and the phone. They are a bit large, but no worse then a good quality set of headphones. Bottom line, I like these alot. The batter life is great, sound quality is good. Functionality is excellent and simple. I think alot of the "chunk" is battery but it's worth it. These won't be going on ebay any time soon.

thanks phillyjaq, i might just give them a try. one more q: does using the bt headphones improve over the teeny sound the SMT5600 gives out over wired headphones?

• 1 month later...
Guest mobile-distortion

Can you pair the headphones to a SMT5600 via bluetooth without the dongle?

Meaning JUST the headphones and phone....

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Dr Who
...I picked up the iTech ones from an Orange shop (mighty surprised I was too!!!) for £49.99...ask for the bluetooth media player headset...the staff were not aware of it's existance even though it was on display in the glass case...

Cheers

Nick

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Tigernet, have you got the iTech stereo clip headset or the media player headset? I am guessing the latter, which is available for £40 from the modaco shop. Worth it? I will use it for listening to choons while cycling about.

• 2 months later...
Guest Raven Nephilim

I've had the Bluetake iPhone headphones a week and was mighty disappointed with the sound quality in the beginning. I didnt want to use the dongle, cos its just more baggage to carry around, but the sound quality is remarkably better when using it. Anyway, while messing around with the dongle I had to use the 2.5mm adapter and noticed something really weird. If you leave the adapter in and remove the dongle and connect via bluetooth the sound is a thousand times better! I aint got a clue why and it might just be me, but anyone using the headphones and are a little disappointed with the sound quality, just try plugging in the adapter and see if that helps.

• 1 month later...
Guest scott2eyes

I've had the Bluetake headphones since Christmas, and I've found them to be great. However, I also got an iPod mini and immediately stopped using media player on my C500, so apart from spending 5 minutes discovering that Media Player doesn't automatically play through them, I haven't actually used them with the C500 at all.

Best use for wireless headphones- with a headphone splitter on public transport so that you and your girlfriend/friend/whoever you're with can listen to the same music/audiobook/comedy recording without being cabled together. (Note: the comedy choice can get you some odd looks if you're not sitting together, as you can look like two complete strangers laughing at something that nobody else can see...)