BetaPlayer 0.5 STABLE released

Guest lekus

I just noticed that a download for BetaPlayer 0.5 STABLE is now available although is not shown on the main site download page yet. 0.5 versions of plugins are also available.

http://corecodec.org/frs/?group_id=9&release_id=75

Confirmed in the corecodec forums:

http://www.corecodec.com/modules.php?op=mo...iewtopic&t=1186

Looks like this supersedes 0.096 BETA

Guess this affects PDA users as well :D

Guest blade001

Just tried the new version on e200. Seems to me that it works just fine apart from one problem that I came across. The keypad light stays on when watching a film or movie file (when the option "keep the back light alive" is ticked). I have gone through the options but there seem to be no option to turn the keypad light off. Apart from that it's just fine. I will try coding some clips in .mkv format to see how they work with it. Thanks again for the brilliant piece of software.

Edited by blade001

Guest lighthouse82

yep, just DLed 0.5 and it does indeed play wma files out of the box, as it were. seems they've made a host of nice little changes - get it now!

Guest chucky.egg

The problem with BetaPlayer is that there just aren't any problems with it.

I listen to music on my commute (30 mins each way) and it just does exactly what it should. No drama. No stuttering, no crashing my phone, no dialling premium rate numbers by mistake, no nothing. It just works.

Big up to BetaPlayer!

Guest serialkillazzs

sweeteeeee new release rocks, saving ur playlists and loading them is a very welcome nice touch, time for the skinable final version me thinks

p.s maybe a scrooling title for name of song playin would be nice

Guest killing-joker

Hi Folks,

How do you install this to your smartphone? I have a C500 with a 512mb mem card, I tried running 'betaplayer.smartphone.STABLE.0.5.exe' and I get a winge about it not being a valid app.

Do you just need the .exe or any of the other files (which I assume are for PDAs etc.) - they all seem to be 11.9kb each too.

Any help would be appreciated!!

Cheers,

KJ

The .exe version you run from your computer and it installs via ActiveSync. The .cab version you run on the SmartPhone directly.

Is ADPCM and more importantly MJPEG now support natively out of the box in 0.5? MJPEG is useful as it means I can play the videos my SmartPhone creates in BetaPlayer.

Is ADPCM and more importantly MJPEG now support natively out of the box in 0.5? MJPEG is useful as it means I can play the videos my SmartPhone creates in BetaPlayer.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep, it's built into version 0.5 (no plugin required)

I also record in Motion-Jpeg/PCM as then use betaplayer which is great for adjusting brightness, colours and also for using fast forward :lol:

• 2 months later...
Guest satish
The problem with BetaPlayer is that there just aren't any problems with it.

I listen to music on my commute (30 mins each way) and it just does exactly what it should.  No drama.  No stuttering, no crashing my phone, no dialling premium rate numbers by mistake, no nothing.  It just works.

Big up to BetaPlayer!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well The only problem that i have encountered is that there is a limitation on the no. of characters that can be used to write the file name (including the file path) for saving your current playlist..

though not a major problem.. it's sometimes annoying.. and also the plugins for mpc and acc are not good.. (my player crashed and generated a crash.txt file in my documnets..) and this happened quite a number of times.. so acc and mpc are a strict no no...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.