Guest ichilton
Operator Version  5.12.1.139

ROM Versn            1.12.22 WWE

ROM date            09/27/04

Radio Versn          1.04.00

Protocal Versn      1337.35

ExtROM Versn      1.12.139.WWE

BT  v1.0.0  Build 2200

Yours is like mine - it seems to be the same versions as the 1st batch that were sent to people who got them at the start of November - strange.

--ian

PS: I got mine from rententions last week.

I got my MDAIII yesterday:

ROM Version: 1.06.00 ENG

ROM Date: 08/05/04

Radio Version: 1.00.00

Protocol Version: 1337.30

ExtROM Version: 1.06.117 WWE

Seems like thats the old version, is there any news on a newer one?

I like the phone so far, but Wifi has problems connecting to my router (works fine with my iPaq) and the Keylock issue has to be resolved.

Johan

Guest markthebaggie
I got my MDAIII yesterday:

ROM Version: 1.06.00 ENG

ROM Date: 08/05/04

Radio Version: 1.00.00

Protocol Version: 1337.30

ExtROM Version: 1.06.117 WWE

Seems like thats the old version, is there any news on a newer one?

I like the phone so far, but Wifi has problems connecting to my router (works fine with my iPaq) and the Keylock issue has to be resolved.

Johan

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My MDAIII is exactly the same version, and I am not not able to get a wifi connection on my home network any more (having had no problem for ages before), but my son can on his MDAIII. Does anybody know if the upgrade available to non T-Mobile users fixes wifi as well as bluetooth (which is wholly unreliable with my Jabra SP100)?

Guest dazultra2000

Just been playing with software ROM updates, and have successfully done:

Operator Version 5.12.1.139

ROM Versn 1.12.22 WWE

ROM date 09/27/04

Radio Versn 1.04.00 ---> 1.06.02

Protocal Versn 1337.35

ExtROM Versn 1.12.139.WWE

BT v1.0.0 Build 2200 ---> 1.0.0 Build 3500

It's a scary procedure, and I'm now looking to forge my own version 1.31

Guest Pondrew

Think I'm interested in upgrading my radiostack and bluetooth stack but probably not going to fiddle with the rest for the timebeing, given my T-Mobile MDA III has been remarkably short of issues (no hard resets) and I don't want to change that!

Anyway, been doing a bit of reading and hope to get to the stage where I'm ready to follow in Dazultra2000s steps soon...

Guest shack77
Hi all,

I did a bit of research online today trying to find out what the chances of T-Mobile releasing an updated rom for the MDA III given how old the current one is and the recent releases of roms from other Blue Angel providers.

I hear that there is already an updated T-Mobile MDA III Rom in Germany and that T-Mobile UK have indicated it'll be released here in about a month but there's no fixed date.

Anyway, it got me wondering both what the rom version numbers mean (Smartphone rom numbers indicate country of origin, update number, etc) and what roms the M2000 and XDAIIs is running?

If anyone is interested my MDA III rom details including bluetooth stack are:

ROM version: 1.06.00 ENG

ROM date: 08/05/04

Radio version: 1.00.00

Protocol version: 1337.30

ExtROM version 1.06.117 WWE (anyone know what the WWE means?)

Bluetooth: BT-PPC/PE Version 1.0.0 Build 1900

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ahhh, you have knowledge, I see. So me, being a bit basic, is thinking that the build has something to do with the BT functions, and it's the date of purchase which determines your BT capability. Is that correct? I'll stop moaning about Orange if that's the case!!

Edited by shack77

Guest Pondrew
Ahhh, you have knowledge, I see. So me, being a bit basic, is thinking that the build has something to do with the BT functions, and it's the date of purchase which determines your BT capability. Is that correct? I'll stop moaning about Orange if that's the case!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Funnily enough, the only knowledge I have is from growing up with PCs and hanging out with the IT peeps at uni (I was going out with one of the very few girls in Computer Science, even though I was studying Economic and Political Development!). That and following Modaco for the last couple of years...

To address your question shack77: Not necessarily I'm afraid. In that the MDA III still has the oldest rom versions available for the HTC Blue Angel (aka M2000) and the oldest Bluetooth stack yet it allows transfer of files straight out the box. I don't know if/why some Orange M2000s wouldn't allow this but I understand the M2000 features a newer bluetooth build. In other words, the bluetooth stack is only part of transfering a file as software will always be needed to actually execute the command and send/receive a file.

I've followed the threads about lack of native support to transfer files on C500 and Orange are responsible there even if not intentionally. I wouldn't say it is necessarily because they wanted to make money on gprs but for whatever reason the C500 software out of the box doesn't allow transfer of files over bluetooth whereas I hear the Audiovox version of the HTC Typhoon does. The M2000 and whether bluetooth transfer works out the box or not is something I can't comment on as I've not tried myself...

Guest Pondrew
My M2000 reports the following:

Operator version: 5.12.1.139

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Right. Next question is where do you M2000 owners get your operator version number from? This is something that doesnt seem to appear at all on my MDA III. Or for that matter in any of the other rom versions posted here...

Edited by Pondrew

Guest Pondrew
Start->Settings->System->Device Information

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Interesting. That confirms it. Orange provide a version number field in Rom Operator version that no other provider does. I've done quite a bit of reading on the version numbers at XDA-Developers.com and no other version of the HTC Blue Angel lists that info on that screen. Makes it seem kind of pointless when no one else has their own number!

Edited by Pondrew

Guest pride429

Just got mine today & I am in lurve!!!

Operator 5.31.1.124

ROM 1.31.00 WWE

ROM Date 12/13/04

Radio 1.06.02

Protocol 1337.38

ExtROM 1.31.124 WWE

Is this the latest versions - if not where should I check regularly for updates?

Guest Pondrew
Just got mine today & I am in lurve!!!

Operator 5.31.1.124

ROM 1.31.00 WWE

ROM Date 12/13/04

Radio 1.06.02

Protocol 1337.38

ExtROM 1.31.124 WWE

Is this the latest versions - if not where should I check regularly for updates?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No Orange UK rom updates for the M2000 made available yet but you'll read it here when there is!

Guest pride429

Thanks for that. After many years in the wildernes of the SE P900 forums it feels great to be back to my real home with my new M2000.

Guest ichilton
Operator 5.31.1.124

ROM 1.31.00 WWE

ROM Date 12/13/04

Radio 1.06.02

Protocol 1337.38

ExtROM 1.31.124 WWE

Yep - those are the latest Orange versions at the moment.

--ian

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Pondrew

UPDATE: T-Mobile UK have begun distributing the latest MDA III Rom update.

Bluetooth is updated to build 3500

Blackberry connectivity apparently included

External Rom version updated to 1.06.160

More details to follow...

Guest dazza12

Having spoken to Orange data support about various Bluetooth problems, Orange are adamant that there is only one version of the M2000 out there.

I have quoted all of my version numbers to them, and the guy on the other end of the phone agreed mine were indeed older versions. I've got the original November 2004 M2000.

I'm waiting for them to get back to me. It all started when I complained that the Swiss seem to have the support that we don't get in the UK. They also claim that the Swiss update only brings that M2000 up to UK standards! After unsuccesfully trying that one on, hopefully we get a better response (and someone within Orange UK realising there's a ROM upgrade they've forgotten to release!).

Guest Pondrew

Sounds a ridiculous suggestion.

If there was only one then they would all have the latest Bluetooth build and the later rom date. They don't (I don't even know if even the newer M2000s have bluetooth build 3500?).

With regards the latest MDA III update, bluetooth is greatly improved but aside from that I can see no difference what so ever as I'm not going to use new Blackberry software...

EDIT: just looked back and I see the latest M2000s do indeed have the latest Bluetooth build 3500. Incidentally I HAVE seen mention of a build 3900 elsewhere but don't believe this has been officially released by anyone yet.

Edited by Pondrew

Guest markthebaggie
UPDATE: T-Mobile UK have begun distributing the latest MDA III Rom update.

Bluetooth is updated to build 3500

Blackberry connectivity apparently included

External Rom version updated to 1.06.160

More details to follow...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How do we get hold of the update? Looked on the web site but cannot find anything and emailed customer services who still haven't come back to me.

Guest WWWeed

I got mine on the First of march

Operator Version 5.31.1.124

ROM Versn 1.31.00 WWE

ROM date 12/13/04

Radio Versn 1.06.02

Protocol Versn 1337.38

ExtROM Versn 1.31.124.WWE

BT v1.0.0 broadcom Build 3500

Guest markthebaggie
markthebaggie, hopefully customer services may be able to send it out to you. I didn't want to wait so got it from xda-developers.com.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Customer Services have just rung me - they are burning CDs and sending them out with the update to whoever asks.

Guest warren
Customer Services have just rung me - they are burning CDs and sending them out with the update to whoever asks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You sure about this

I phopned about this today and was told that they are one hundred% sure that there is only one version of the rom since its launch.

go figure

Sorry guys thought you were talking about orange! bit embarrased now as i gave them such a rolloking about it oops

Edited by warren

Guest sazoo
EDIT: just looked back and I see the latest M2000s do indeed have the latest Bluetooth build 3500. Incidentally I HAVE seen mention of a build 3900 elsewhere but don't believe this has been officially released by anyone yet.

I downloaded the 3900 upgrade a couple weeks ago. Haven't used it a lot but it's seeming stable so far

Got it from a link on Howardforums.com