Memory Management - File Organisation

Guest bluesmudge

Guest bluesmudge

I've just got my C500, upgrade from E200. What i don't understand is the small amount of memory allocated for things like mydocuments, and the large amount for programs.

But when installing programs they never go to that area of memory -

Am i doing something wrong? Or can i realocate the amounts.....

Also when i take a photo it doesn't store the picture in the same place as the preinstalled pictures - is this right?

The file organisation doesn't appear to be the same as the E200 - But then again i might be doing something wrong.

Any hints - Thanks

Bluesmudge

Guest Disco Stu

First thing to say is always install games and apps to the storage card. The programs memory is reserved for the ROM and you can't reallocate the memory useage.

It is best to put ringtones on the memory card too although SMS tones etc will still have to go in \Storage \Application Data \Sounds. Don't have a load of homescreens in \Storage \Application Data \Home.

Use a file expolrer or ActiveSync to transfer stuff out of My Documents to either PC or storage card. It is well worth buying the largest Mini-SD card you can afford.

Finally, in Camera, Options, General you can specify that pictures are stored automatically on the card.

HTH

:D