Mac Shops in the US

Guest Monolithix

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

I'm pretty much 100% sure i'm going to go to the dark side and get a macmini (http://www.apple.com/uk/macmini/ for anyone that hasn't seen) in the next 3 or 4 months...hopefully when i'm in the USA.

Are there any American's here that know if a Mac shop will be able to sell them with 512MB memory, as apposed to the default 256MB?

Cheers!

Mono

i agree with you i just went to over..got myslef a nice liltle 12" G4 powerbook.. mmm sexy..love it to pieces.. now just getting used to it.. and i am thnking by easter i will be ready to chang my desktop :D

aint synced it up to entourage yet.. but will do soon.. when i figure how to lol...

"Z"

Guest nickcornaglia

I just called the Apple store in Marlton, NJ for you.

They say that there is only ONE location (dim?) for memory.

Comes with 256MB.

You can replace that with a 512MB for either $150 or $300, he wasnt sure right then. Or you can replace for 1GB for about $600.

But either way, you're eating the 256 chipset.

Crazy prices for more ram.. rather invest in a G5 if you want more power or a powerbook G4.. but the mac mini is sexy....i want one.. and it will look great with my tft :D hee hee

"Z"

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Cheers encece, i was aware that there was only one slot, and its only $80 for the upgrade if you but it off the apple website, trouble is i'd then have to pay uk prices and not the considerably cheaper US ones!