Stock Issues

Guest alanrenouf

Guest TheMadScot
Oooh, actually, go on! They are based in Slough, you will be doing the world a favour!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The most irritating part of it all wasn't the folks at the call centre, but the non-service that I got from emailing O2's support... given the names on all of the email signatures, I'm more than sure that O2 have out-sourced their web-based support to India... resulting in my frustration when I said "If I wanted to cancel my contract..." and the reply came back "To cancel your contract you will be charged...."

As much as I can appreciate the economic and business decisions made when a company such as O2 out-sources their support to the other side of the world, oftentimes it's the complexity of English when used as a secondary language that cause the most confusion and irritation. I can't really fault the staff at these centres, 'cause they're just doing their job and trying to earn a crust from it... but hell, I could have strangled them for their seeming intransigence.

Oh, and on the gun thing? I found out a few years back that I'm a "dead eye" at up to 300 yards. I used to live and work in Fort Worth, Texas, and the company had a rifle club that I went to a few times. What no-one could understand was that I was (and still am) against personal ownership of firearms. Go figure.

Anyways, back on topic: I hope for all you folks out there "Waiting for Orange to get their act together" that you can get your hands on one of these fine devices... even with all the hassle I've had - and let's face it, it was for a pretty out of the ordinary request - I'm more than happy with my IIs and can't wait to see what HTC will have come up with by the time my other contract runs out in August.