Orange Location API

Guest vinceh

Is anyone working with the Orange Location API?

It seems to me that there are tons of very useful applications still to be developed using this feature but the huge price will stop most developers from getting a look in.

Do we think that Orange will listen to reason and drop the £500 flat fee for the first request? I think I already know the answer to that!

Help I'm lost.

Which way the main forum ? :D

Do we think that Orange will listen to reason and drop the £500 flat fee for the first request? I think I already know the answer to that!
There is always GPS which is more accurate :D

As I understand it, the Location API can track the latitude and longitude of any Orange mobile but not with the same resolution as GPS (to the nearest 10 Meters of so) – good enough for Rock and Roll.

If it is cheap enough, it could be used for many solutions from staff tracking (lone working is a big issue) to family safety (tracking wayward children) to targeted area information (find me an hotel within walking distance).

If its too expensive, nobody will be able to use it.

Sorry – I didn’t mean to write so much, its just that I get very lonely here all on my own…….

I've written a gateway for the 4 operators in the UK for my company.

Its fairly accurate, but not close to GPS.

There are loads of applications to be built using the location api, mostly used for fleet management such as delivery, taxi etc.

I've written a gateway for the 4 operators in the UK for my company.

Its fairly accurate, but not close to GPS.

There are loads of applications to be built using the location api, mostly used for fleet management such as delivery, taxi etc.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would be very interested in some more information on your project. You are right, there are loads of applications for this service, the only stumbling point is cost, if access was as cheap as texting for instance, then it could be enormous.

• 11 months later...