Need a fast paint method for game

Guest Gladers

Guest Gladers

The only thing I need is a background with bitmap on it (blitting method preferably)

I've made c# games before using direct draw, now the only thing I'm stuck with is a fast paint method on the phone.

I don't need an entire article on creating a game as I'd have to strip all the useless stuff out of the source, so I'm only interested in the:

* display of a background

* a sprite on top

* Clipping method (clip partically offscreen sprites)

I have 3 games I have already created which I'm planning to port, these are a bomberman clone, a boulderdash clone and a full isometric multi level engine which I plan to make a UFO enemy unknown clone.

Thanks in advance :D

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default....gwithcheese.asp

Towards the bottom, look at double buffering. I know it doesn't exactly fit your needs, but it might help.

The only thing I need is a background with bitmap on it (blitting method preferably)

I've made c# games before using direct draw, now the only thing I'm stuck with is a fast paint method on the phone.

I don't need an entire article on creating a game as I'd have to strip all the useless stuff out of the source, so I'm only interested in the:

*  display of a background

*  a sprite on top

*  Clipping method (clip partically offscreen sprites)

I have 3 games I have already created which I'm planning to port, these are a bomberman clone, a boulderdash clone and a full isometric multi level engine which I plan to make a UFO enemy unknown clone.

Thanks in advance  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Edited by mgama

• 1 year later...
Guest Jamma14
I never replied to say thanks.

its a good paint method!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep, used that article myself. What became of your ports? ;)

James