Ruttensoft Homescreen Designer updated to 1.3.2

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul [MVP]

Ruttensoft Homescreen Designer, the premier Homescreen tool, has been updated to 1.3.2.

New features include:

- Smartphone 2002-Support (Tested with SPV Classic)

- Fizz Traveller Plugin

- Oxios Task Plugin

- Slideshow Plugin

- Volume/Questionbox/Informationbox etc-Screen support

- Direct link to upload/download-Forum

- Coordinate for better aligning

- Option to save as xml file for editing

- Prompting to save work on exiting

- Possibility to import colors from a existing Homescreen! (XML, HME and CAB-Files!!!)

- New visual enhancements

- If you activate a plugin, it will automatically search for a free place at the homescreen. If there is not enough space it will automatically downsize itself to fit the space. If then it has still not enough space, it will notice you that there is not enough room for it...

- Branding on SIM-Screen and Call Dial/Call Progress can be changed!

- Move your plugins with the mouse-wheel

- Backcolor of Startmenu can now be in 4 colors (2-pixel-lines)

- Install cab/hme-Homescreens (and other cab-files) from your desktop-PC with one click!

- 4 different themes for Application itself (+ Standard XP and Classic)

- German translation / Deutsche Sprache! (More to come!)

- Files are now saved in a subfolder of \Application Data\Home\ for better overview

- Extract HME or CAB-Files automatically!

Bugfixes include:

- Bug not showing allday bold if selected has been fixed

- Color is changing although clicking on cancel has been fixed

- Bug Solved: If 2 Plugins are aside of each other and one is bigger than the other, then it was possible that the aligning was not correct...

- Some other minor bugfixes...

You can view a Flash demo here, buy the application here, or MoDaCo Plus members go here to download a free copy!

Yes, you heard me right guys, see other announcement in the news section for more details! :D

P

post-1-1107200338_thumb.jpg

It's great to see an update to Homescreen Designer as this is another application that makes the smartphone top of it's class :D

And very nice benefit for us MoDaCo + members too :D/ Cheers guys.

Guest Disco Stu

Anyone who hasn't tried this yet and fancies designing their own skins should give it a go. You can achieve professional-looking results in minutes 8)

Guest shadamehr

Possibly wrong place to post, BUT...

Working on the basis that this thread will have a ready audience of Ruttensoft Homescreen Designer users, I'm gonna use it to pick your brains...

Am I doing something wrong in the program?

I find that when adding plugins, I cannot add two plugins on the same line.

For example, if I put the Carrier plugin in the upper right corner, and the Profile Plugin in the upper left, the Profile plugin won't show, because of the Carrier plugin at the start of the same line - even if there are reams and reams of space between the two!

This applies to most any of the plugins. Put the Profile at the start of a line, and the Message plugins on the same line, and they won't show.

Is this a limit of the software that can be changed by manually editing the xml code, or is this an issue with Homescreens in general, as I could have sworn I have seen any number of homescreens with two plugins on the same line...?

Anyone help?

buddy, only orange devices are able two show two different plugins in the same line and its a pain in the popo to program it (search for member bolasz here on modaco to find out how it works), so i guess it is not implemented in the tool nor do i believe its possible to integrate it. if you want two plugins in one row a) get a orange smartphone :D design your own xml layout...

cheers, lutz

Guest shadamehr
buddy, only orange devices are able two show two different plugins in the same line and its a pain in the popo to program it (search for member bolasz here on modaco to find out how it works), so i guess it is not implemented in the tool nor do i believe its possible to integrate it. if you want two plugins in one row a) get a orange smartphone :D design your own xml layout...

cheers, lutz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Lutzh,

When you say get an Orange Smartphone I'm not sure what you mean.

My phone is an Orange C500.

But I am using an O2 SIM in it.

Surely I have seen many a Homescreen out there with two things on one line???

Maybe I'm losing the plot *lol*

Guest scott2eyes

The only way I'm aware of to get 2 plugins on the same row is to use the Orange plugin, which is a part of the Orange ROM (so it should be on your phone.)

The way it works is that the Orange plugin can incorporate other plugins within it- eg, have several plugins taking the whole screen width and then scroll sideways between them, and/or have 2 plugins alongside each other on the screen, within the Orange plugin. (Check out most of drblow's homescreens to see how it works in practice!)

The catch is that a) it's more complicated than most plugins to program (which is to be expected when you have plugins within plugins, I suppose...) and :D Ruttensoft Homescreen Designer doesn't support it.

:D

• 1 month later...
Guest agent.m

My problem is that everything looks great on the program screen then when i transfer to device the plugins are in the wrong place. I designed some boxes to place the plugins eg time ,sms and they are in the wrong place on my spv and sda. any help???

Guest agent.m
My problem is that everything looks great on the program screen then when i transfer to device the plugins are in the wrong place. I designed some boxes to place the plugins eg time ,sms and they are in the wrong place on my spv and sda. any help???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

sorted! have to resize pics 176x200

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.